• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Final Agreement reached

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They have had some practice. The Eastern scabs used to be pretty cocky out on the line until the day Lorenzo was able to abrogate the ALPA contract. 40% pay cut overnight. Thanks for scabbing! Now get to work! Boy, talk about some long faces. I was on a hotel van with an Eastern scab crew in West Palm. Our crew was laughing, happy and having a good time and the scab crew looked like they were going to start crying. Oh well. Life is full of choices.

WTF? What are you comparing? We have had practice! Dude...we have about 10 guys left on our sen. list from that Eastern scab era. Do some research before you drink a couple and start posting. BTW...65 yet?

Dude...the few Eastern scabs on your list. Not the 98% of the Air tran guys!!! I admire you for having to put up with them. I have 15 years left unless the wife gets the big promotion. On the other hand, Southwest has been fun place to work. At least till now. Hopefully this will be temporary. Oh and research. I was one of the lead guys on the Scab tracking committee in ATL. during the strike. I probably know more about each and every Eastern guy on your list working and retired than you would ever know. So chill out. No one wants all of us to be happy more than me. My scab illustrations are just anecdotal nothing more.

How much seniority would you give up for the same pay raise?

How much are willing to give up not to end up on the streets one day? There are a lot of people on the street with no job due to a horrible economy that could lead to a depression. My point is that generally most people do not have sympathy for airline pilots they consider over paid. The judges, lawyers, and arbitrators will look at how much you potentially will make from this deal and ask…they voted this down because they were losing 32% of their seniority? They are complaining about not having the weekend off so they can drive there RV to the college football games? They will be like…sorry but fock you and your RV. I got friends who are unemployed that would give there left nut for the opportunity that sits in front of you.

How much are willing to give up not to end up on the streets one day? There are a lot of people on the street with no job due to a horrible economy that could lead to a depression. My point is that generally most people do not have sympathy for airline pilots they consider over paid. The judges, lawyers, and arbitrators will look at how much you potentially will make from this deal and ask…they voted this down because they were losing 32% of their seniority? They are complaining about not having the weekend off so they can drive there RV to the college football games? They will be like…sorry but fock you and your RV. I got friends who are unemployed that would give there left nut for the opportunity that sits in front of you.

The issue here is a fair seniority integration, not the imaginary issues your imaginary friends have. Try to stay on topic, huh?

And save the scary bedtime stories for your kids . . . . or we can all tell our scary stories . . . . including the one about the scary, demented arbitrator with a teal-green hook for a hand, who had gotten food poisoning from a bad corndog at the Texas State Fairgrounds. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I hope the trannies pull a Midwest or Frontier, then SWA may take Spirit instead, we like a real pay raise and would do it for the staple!

I hope the trannies pull a Midwest or Frontier, then SWA may take Spirit instead, we like a real pay raise and would do it for the staple!

Bet you'd fly struck work, too.

Guess what? If the AAI deal goes away, the next target would be Alaska, not Spirit. I guess you didn't hear that SWA was sniffing around our butts before the AAI deal went down, but our stock price was too high.

And if the SWA f/os don't like a relative or ratioed seniority list with AAI they'd REALLY hate a DoH list with AS

I'm guessing you hit the nail on the head, Ty.

Guess what? If the AAI deal goes away, the next target would be Alaska, not Spirit. I guess you didn't hear that SWA was sniffing around our butts before the AAI deal went down, but our stock price was too high.

And if the SWA f/os don't like a relative or ratioed seniority list with AAI they'd REALLY hate a DoH list with AS

Actually, that's what many of us are worried about.

That we take this deal, take a HUGE hit on our seniority, takes about 12-15 years to upgrade, but during that time, Southwest merges with Alaska or Hawaiian (or even jetBlue), those airlines push this thing to arbitration, they get DoH (or even relative), and now we never upgrade.

Ever. Never. Career F/O's. And there's nothing in the agreement that guarantees Southwest could prevent that or be successful like this SIA with future mergers.

There's risks for us that aren't limited to just "non-integration" concerns. Not that they aren't also a risk for arbitration (they are), but the idea of that scenario above simply sucks. But at least we'll have one thing in common with SWA pilots after this. All of us will hope that Southwest never, ever, merges with another airline ever again. ;)

You work at the biggest struck work airline there is. Sh!t..... its whole founding pilot force was from the 89 debacle and you still do have a lot of them on the top part of your seniority list. Those guys are going to be sh!t on and screwed with pretty hard when they come over.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back