FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WHAT ALBIE SAID...
My water-wings have lotsa patches & duct tape on 'em - they kept me afloat for two years.
The "entry-level positions" right now (Boeing S/O and F/O) are VERY crowded. It wouldn't make much sense to train a bunch O' plumbers right now.
If it were up to me there should have been more movement earlier into the widebody to make room for more new-hires. They don't pay me to make those decisions, though.
It seems to me it has to HURT the company financially before the bean counters authorize any action to alleviate problems. Funny, it's like they borrowed the playbook from the Naval Aviation detailers...

Malter1 said:
Have guys that have been offered the MD-11 to ANC gig been given a choice to take it now or wait 'til later for a MEM slot of some kind. Heard a rumor that the MD-11 crowd was offered that and only that. You don't want it, you don't want to work at FedEx. Any words from those in the know?

Although I have no idea, I would tend to believe this rumor is false. For one thing, to the best of my knowledge, all the MEM MD-11 slots were filled on the bid. If this is the case, a new hire would have to wait for another bid to come out before the possibility of direct to MEM in the MD-11. That being said, and knowing seniority means EVERYTHING, I would have a hard time recommending someone turn down the ANC MD-11 slot for a "possible" future MEM MD-11 slot.

Along those same lines, however, I must say that as of late, the bottom lines in the ANC MD-11 bid pack are pretty much NON-COMMUTABLE, and if you are junior at ANC and a commuter, you better hope the local boys senior to you are bidding those lines. Otherwise, you aren't going to be home very much. I guess you could always decide to move up there though.

active_herk said:
Although I have no idea, I would tend to believe this rumor is false. For one thing, to the best of my knowledge, all the MEM MD-11 slots were filled on the bid. If this is the case, a new hire would have to wait for another bid to come out before the possibility of direct to MEM in the MD-11. That being said, and knowing seniority means EVERYTHING, I would have a hard time recommending someone turn down the ANC MD-11 slot for a "possible" future MEM MD-11 slot.
I appreciate your input. I didn't mean that guys would put off an ANC MD-11 in hopes of a MEM MD-11. I was wondering if guys would pass on the MD-11 thing all together and wait for a 727 SO/FO in MEM. ......just to clarify my question.

Los1 said:
Gentlemen--
Seniority is everything!!
enough said
Los1

I agree.

All I need is a call, and I'll be there.

I hope KD is reading this! :D

Last edited:
Malter1 said:
I appreciate your input. I didn't mean that guys would put off an ANC MD-11 in hopes of a MEM MD-11. I was wondering if guys would pass on the MD-11 thing all together and wait for a 727 SO/FO in MEM. ......just to clarify my question.

A little birdie told me that if anyone chooses to bypass ANC in favor of door #2, they may find that door #2 is welded shut...

. Several (2-6,maybe more) classes of 8-10 for ANC/Subic

I'm surprised they are considering sending more new hires to Subic, if it really is going to close in Dec '08. A friend of mine, whos been on the property since about Sept of 2005 had a bid in for SFS 300 FO, and they denied him on this last bid that recently closed. And now they are consdering sending more new-hires there?

hoya saxa said:
A little birdie told me that if anyone chooses to bypass ANC in favor of door #2, they may find that door #2 is welded shut...
Well put. That is what I was attempting to say.......I heard the same rumor.

Findernails on a chalkboard...

I can't imagine ANYBODY doing this, but, could you imagine?

Dumba$$: "Hello"

KD: "Hello, Mr. Jones, this is KD from Fedex Express, how're you today?"

DA: "Fine, KD, how're you?"

KD: "Great, thanks for asking. The reason I'm calling is that we are happy to offer you a class starting in two weeks on the MD-11, based out of ANC."

DA: "ANC? What?"

KD: "Is that a problem?"

DA: "Ah...well, I was hoping to be based in MEM."

KD: "Well, ANC is where we would like to offer you a FO position."

DA: "KD, I hate to do this, but, I'm going to have to pass on that offer and wait for a MEM slot. I sure do appreciate the call though."

KD: "Ah....OK....well, don't call us, we'll call you when we have a slot available." Click...

Last edited:
I wouldn't even joke about not taking an ANC slot but I think you'd be surprised just how many would follow your script. (Never underestimate a human's ability to be stupid)

Latest resources

Back