• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

FedEx Poolie Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FYI re: who's been called and what order are they calling folks...I was in the Jan 18/19 interview class and have not yet been called to update my medical or drug test...but then again, I did call KD in early April to tell her my military retirement was on track and I would be packing up in early/mid-May and moving back to the mainland from Hawaii...she said that wasn't a problem and she would put a note in my file to reflect my move dates...my background is mostly Hercs and most recently BBJ737-700, all military and mostly in the Pacific (13 yrs)...but of course, neither of those acft are actually "heavies"....I'm actually hoping to get any seat on a 727 to Memphis because I'll be living on the east coast. Thanks for all the great intel...let's keep this thread active!

Tanner said:
Is anyone still waiting for an interview call who did their M&G back in '05? If so, what month and what have you heard lately? My sponsor was told about two months ago that I should here something with in a month. I know, I know, be patient.......Maybe if I could just kick the "FlightInfo.com crack" habit I'd feel alot better.

sorry....just venting.

Tanner

Hey Tanner, It took me 13 months to get a call for an interview (M&G Jan '05, Interview March '06,) so hang in there. Try not to pull out that hair, it will be well worth it when KD does make that call.

Subic?

How many Subic spots are they looking to fill with newhires? Jeez, I thought ANC would've been a tough commute....

Ex_Indy_Flyer said:
Hey Tanner, It took me 13 months to get a call for an interview (M&G Jan '05, Interview March '06,) so hang in there. Try not to pull out that hair, it will be well worth it when KD does make that call.
Thanks Indy....Good to hear.

Tanner

Have guys that have been offered the MD-11 to ANC gig been given a choice to take it now or wait 'til later for a MEM slot of some kind. Heard a rumor that the MD-11 crowd was offered that and only that. You don't want it, you don't want to work at FedEx. Any words from those in the know?

FYI re: time from M&G to actual interview...just got an e-mail today from a buddy of mine who did his M&G last Aug...he's finally scored an interview for the end of May...he's been "available" to start training since last Oct and had over 4,000 hrs of military time in C-130s, C-141s, CASA 212s and C-17s...I think the time from M&G to interview is a bit of a mystery...it seems to be a function of how well your sponsor is connected to his Chief Pilot and how many folks that Chief Pilot is trying to push. In my interview class in Jan 06 the time ranged from 4 months to 1 year. It's my impression from my FEDEX sources that, on avg, the time will start getting shorter.

training

Just talk to Pete D. two days ago. Right now they are looking at Aug or Sept before they begin Boeing classes again.

TopBugs said:
Just talk to Pete D. two days ago. Right now they are looking at Aug or Sept before they begin Boeing classes again.

Any guesses on why FedEx continues to build a pool if they are not going to run Boeing/large classes until then?

I've given up on trying to figure out the logic behind anything they've done the last 5 months.

Having been around the last time we were lean in the 727 FO seat, all I can say is sometimes FDX seems to ride a sine wave in training and hiring and it never is perfect. Hang tough poolies--it is worth the wait.

Latest resources

Back