• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Falcon 50ex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The challenger only ends up overturned off the runway if the crews dont believe in de-icing. Otherwise the jet is fine. If youre still not satisfied try a global or challenger 850. They have slats. Heck, they have everything for that matter. Althought they have a nice price tag too. Heh ya get what ya pay for.

It has to be...have you seen who's driving these things....

Book around the RJ if you can.

Hahahahahahaha!!!! Ain't that the truth!!!!!!! :D

Makes the perfect safety record of the RJ all the more remarkable really. To think so many of us went from a 152 to one of those things without killing anyone is a feat in and of itself!!!!

My previous Legacy operator employer pays about $5000 more per year than I make on the Falcon 50 at my present employer.

And that's probably about twice what an RJ driver makes.

I have a friend who made $201,000 NET last year flying the Legacy. Not sure of any Falcon jobs that do that.

Frankly that doesn't matter any way as my chances of getting a violation or an incident are much higher in a Faclon than an Embraer. All the promised salary in the world is no good to a pilot with no license. The Legacy is safer, tougher, and more capable where it counts than a Falcon is because it is derived from an airplane that has to work every time.

Hey Rum, having any luck with that gear problem on your Falcon? How many days are you gonna be stuck?

:)

I am sorry, but I fail to see how flying a Falcon can increase a pilots chances of getting a violation. I have been flying for 13 years, I have flow everything from a C-152 to a DC-8. I currently fly Falcon 50EX and 900B aircraft. I have never been violated in any aircraft. Please tell me how the DA-50 lead to your violation?

My previous Legacy operator employer pays about $5000 more per year than I make on the Falcon 50 at my present employer.

Yeah but you work for the worlds lowest paying Falcon 50 operator; starting guys at $63k/year.

Most everyone but you claims that the Legacy is a POS and the 50EX is a great airplane. Do I sense a "little" bias?

X-wind performance in the 50EX? I've landed with a 42 knot crosswind in the 50EX in Europe and the rudder was about 1/2 way to the floor.

Folks, let's not forget, we're talking about an airplane that literally cracked down the middle when a hard landing was made!

Disregard legacydriver. He's bias and uninformed about the DA50 family, and extremely overstating the facts on the Legacy.

I too have never had a problem landing a Falcon in a crosswind....or really any plane for that matter..

maybe its the user?

I know hgi and while the 50ex might not be his favorite bird...he will also attest to not having landing difficulties..

then again, maybe they get extra strong, special winds over in Texas?

63K for an (obviously) highly talented, very experienced (been to Hawaii!!) 50EX Captain huh??

very nice.

hows it go?? -- LEGACYS RULE DUDE.

Last edited:
Where is that pic of the jungle jet split in two? What is Vmo/ Mmo on Legacy? (50 is 370/.86M)

Falcon 50EX is a dream to fly and not a problem in crosswinds! You need to fly the Learjet (Tip tanks), Beechjet (No ailerons!) or Gulfstream II (Altitude bust waiting to happen) to appreciate an airplane that will bite you. The 50 is ************************* cat. Easiest checkrides I ever had.

Now after this post, I am interested to fly the Legacy. First really positive response from a pilot I have heard.

I don't have the energy to refute the lunacy in the three previous posts.

Whatever...

Too bad we can't have a landing competiton. Legacy would smoke the Falcon.

Latest resources

Back