Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Fair" treatment for "experienced" pilots comes home to roost?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Be careful what you wish for. Stricter medical standards would probably weed out some over 60 pilots. Unfortunately it would get rid of a heck of a lot of pilots under 60!! I'm amazed at the number of pilots I see (and some I know personally) in their 30's 40's and 50's, who are overweight anywhere from a few pounds to God knows how much. I don't think they have heard of exercise, eat healthy, no smoking, cut down on the coffee etc. Don't believe me? Just look around.

And the problem is?

I agree. Lots of pilots haven't made the correlation to good health habits = long career. Others know but think they are immortal. Still others find ways to cheat on the medical one way or the other when they know their de-qualed. Its all about choice and the roll of the dice.
These old geezers who have worn out their welcome have already proven they will go to any length to hang on. They find sympathetic lawyers and judges. I say lets tweak the the system to make them feel just a little more unwelcome.
Sort of a reverse "F*&k you, I got mine, who's with me?"

And the problem is?

I agree. I say lets tweak the the system to make them feel just a little more unwelcome.
Sort of a reverse "F*&k you, I got mine, who's with me?"

Great attitude! I guess you want yours and to hell with those who got screwed by the get out of my seat crowd.

By the way, nice avitar.

Live the dream!

Let's see how SMOE feels when he's 55. After all, HIS career has been extended for 5 years as well.

Looks like he's just pissed about not getting that early upgrade he was looking for.

Let's see how SMOE feels when he's 55. After all, HIS career has been extended for 5 years as well.

Looks like he's just pissed about not getting that early upgrade he was looking for.

just cant give it up can you gummer? Fly till you die dumba$$ :rolleyes:

You crack me up Gummer. Actually, I'll feel pretty good at 55 because I'll be on my way out the door. Unlike you, I have no desire to continue to the point that I need a wheelchair to get through the terminal and my FO read my approach plates to me ;-)
Perhaps if you hadn't spent your career playing with your FAs and drinking your dinner on the overnights, you could afford to retire. And, you wouldn't have to be one of those guys we'll talk/hear about. You know, the one that can't fly his way out of a Depends, eventually keels over the yoke, and the FO has to save the day.
As for the early upgrade, there's no such thing at the majors. The left seat will come when it comes. Its certainly not the obsession or self-appointed right for me that its become for you.
Go eat some oat bran, take two Geritols, and you'll feel better in the morning when you write out those alimony checks. 1, 2, 3 ?

Great attitude! I guess you want yours and to hell with those who got screwed by the get out of my seat crowd.

By the way, nice avitar.

Live the dream!

Hey, I'm just adopting the prevalent attitude in the civilian flying world.

Hey, I'm just adopting the prevalent attitude in the civilian flying world.

I have no problem with anything about you. If you were my f/o I would probably have let you even fly a leg or two. Of course I would have stayed very close to the controls just in case you really messed up. Command is a great resposiblity, don't you know.

I'm sure you will do well in your career just because you seem to like women that look like real women.

Whatever you want, you can have it. They're all yours for the asking if you're a pilot.

Live the dream!

[FONT=arial,helvetica,geneva]The Fight For Pilots Hurt By New Age 65 Rule[/FONT]

Now that U.S. airline pilots can fly to age 65, litigation is now moving forward to overturn wording in the 2007 law that also specifically barred some 3,000 pilots forced into retirement before age 60 from being rehired with their prior pay, position and benefits. ..........

I love the headine.....3000 old pilots "hurt" by the rule. How bout the 100,000 pilots that got f-ed by this. How bout those at the regionals trying to move up to the majors having to deal with no-one hiring, reduced mainline capacity and NOW a bunch of old f-s trying to sneak in the back door.

To hell with the greed SOBs. To hell with them.

I have no problem with anything about you. If you were my f/o I would probably have let you even fly a leg or two. Of course I would have stayed very close to the controls just in case you really messed up. Command is a great responsibility, don't you know.

I'm sure you will do well in your career just because you seem to like women that look like real women.

Whatever you want, you can have it. They're all yours for the asking if you're a pilot.

Live the dream!

I'm RESPECTED DAMN YOU, my uniform fits JUST FINE! No, I haven't gotten fat. I'm RESPECTED, I'm still a Captain!!!

Latest resources

Back