Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Fair" treatment for "experienced" pilots comes home to roost?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You won't win with this crowd, Undaunted. The senior guys may be from "Generation ME" but there is a strong representation on here from the "Entitlement Generation"

Apparently, this is putting a kink into alot of 'best laid plans'

Doesn't have a damn thing to do with entitlement. It has to do with their greed. I don't know how many times it has to be repeated before the pro-65 crowd gets it, but they KNEW the rules of the game when they started. They were fine with those rules as long as they benefited from them. Then, when the game was over for them, they decided that the rules were unfair, and wanted them changed. Gee, I wonder why I have no respect for them.

I'm not really looking for a Part 135 job. I'm doing something that is OK. And really, I don't think that anyone will ever receive much of anything for the legal actions. It is possible to be reinstated somehow in airline work, but by the time that would happen we'll all be over age 65. But who knows, anything is possible.

Thanks for your reasonable and thoughtfull reply.
It is possible now. Delta has re-hired several retired pilots. I helped one prep for his interview.

At issue is the demand to come back to the top of the list. A retro active remedy is going to be a problem as the whole rest of the airline gets displaced (in theory).

Some good friends & good pilots lost over a million when our airlines were acquired, our stock converted to DAL shares, and DAL tanked. A year later they were forced to retire. It stinks - Leo Mullin and Michelle Burns took their millions and ran.

The problem in winning this battle politically on the web board, is that the folks being asked to pay the price are not those responsible for your financial losses.

The average age of legacy 2007 new hires was around 36. These pilots have already lost years and are trying to make up time with pay rates below 50% of where they used to be.

If you were suing Parker, Tilton, Steenland, Mullin and Burns, I'd wish you luck. But in reality, you are suing me (as a taxpayer, ALPA member and pilot).

Respectfully,
~~~^~~~

Last edited:
The problem in winning this battle politically on the web board, is that the folks being asked to pay the price are not those responsible for your financial losses.

The average age of legacy 2007 new hires was around 36. These pilots have already lost years and are trying to make up time with pay rates below 50% of where they used to be.

If you were suing Parker, Tilton, Steenland, Mullin and Burns, I'd wish you luck. But in reality, you are suing me (as a taxpayer, ALPA member and pilot).

Respectfully,
~~~^~~~
That's a great point for the under-65 crowd.

It will be interesting to me to see how hard the guys that are 60-61 fight for the RIGHT of that guy who is 63 to now come back in front of them.

That five year windfall at the very top suddenly is in jeopordy. So we will soon see if this was about "the right thing to do" or "I got mine..."

Be ready for the $hit to hit the fan at UAL by September 1. UAL is desparate for cash to pay a large note due in August. That's why they have been so agressively looking for a merger partner. Such a partner will likely not be found leading to the only result, a sell off.

This is really funny. My personal life: One wife, one house, three children (youngest now age-17). No boats or girlfriends. Had an airplane to teach my middle kid to fly.

My career: One strike, two long furloughs, ESOP money lost, stolen pension in 11th hour. Yea, I guess you're right, I had it made.

And your part about how you plan to retire early, that's really funny. It just won't happen unless you get sick or something like that, or unless you have a horrible commute making life a living hell. But isn't that you're doing then. The point is you'll have a choice.

Sounds like you've had a tough life. We should start interviewing in the fall if you want to apply.

Be ready for the $hit to hit the fan at UAL by September 1. UAL is desparate for cash to pay a large note due in August. That's why they have been so agressively looking for a merger partner. Such a partner will likely not be found leading to the only result, a sell off.

Morningstar reported they have been able to renotiate the terms on that particular situation. Still a mess...but apparently that iceberg will be dodged. Other ones?...who knows....

Absolutely!! :uzi:Over 60 Pilots :smash:
Hey Superpilot,

How do you like Big Red?

Does NWA still have the dc-9-10 or are they all gone?

Do you fly with many "greenbook" guys that are still on the 9?

Latest resources

Back