Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"Fair" treatment for "experienced" pilots comes home to roost?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To hell with the greed SOBs. To hell with them.

Easy... my only problem w/ them not wanting to retire is that they SIMULTANEOUSLY vote to make the FO position a sh!tty job at bad pay.
It's our job to counteract that. And if you're at a regional-- your rates are on you.

The problem is that almost ALL of us are willing to sacrifice a dollar today for the promise of a bunch of dollars tomorrow.... In this industry -- that's crazy.

You ARE VALUABLE NOW.

I love the assumptions that fly here. BTW, you're all completely wrong...just like your 'opinions"

Looks like he's just pissed about not getting that early upgrade he was looking for.

Early?? What's early about it?? How about just on time??

I think you said you're CAL. If that's true here's the deal: We all know how your generation handled seniority aggression. You are either carrying a list, or your name is on the list!! After 25+ years there is still tension. This generation marginalized by the new rule is adjusting to it FAR better than yours. Even with the venting on FI.com, ours is a far more professional generation than yours.

Great attitude! I guess you want yours and to hell with those who got screwed by the get out of my seat crowd.

By the way, nice avitar.

Live the dream!

How did you get screwed? Your entire aviation career was predicated in that you would be forced to retire at age 60. This age 65 law happened a bit late for you but you were not screwed. You just went through what tens of thousands went through before you. Also, the "get out of my seat crowd" would include you because you benefited from this progression your entire career.

How did you get screwed? Your entire aviation career was predicated in that you would be forced to retire at age 60. This age 65 law happened a bit late for you but you were not screwed. You just went through what tens of thousands went through before you. Also, the "get out of my seat crowd" would include you because you benefited from this progression your entire career.

I have always been against age discrimination. It is wrong. Many pilots were screwed by the "get out of my seat" crowd. Now that crowed is getting screwed too. How do you like it?

I have always been against age discrimination. It is wrong. Many pilots were screwed by the "get out of my seat" crowd. Now that crowed is getting screwed too. How do you like it?

Undaunted, you've always been against age discrimination? Good for you! I'm sure you are a cheerleader for ALL KINDS of discrimination (let's hear some more issues that you are championing).
Discrimination is a fact of life, learn to deal. It helps determine who is worthy and who is not, not based on your criteria but the ruling faction's. It may not be fair, but neither is life.

1. If you can perform all your job duties in the military but are too fat,... see ya.
2. Not 35 years old? Sorry, can't be President.
3. Why can't I get the 55 and up discount at Denny's?
4. What? Happy hour's over? That's time discrimination.

I'm not going to go on (or get too serious), but you can see the point (hopefully), the world doesn't revolve around you. Deal with your shakes and move on. Obviously, you have not planned well. I'm sorry for those years passed, that you didn't sock away those "big bucks".

Please do not try to come back to the till and ask for more, you've know for years when the sun was going to set.

Latest resources

Back