• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 still in play

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe this debacle isn't the result of the majority of F9 pilots. There was no vote, no poll, no anything to hear what the F9 LINE pilots had to say. The result of this decision was solely based on FAPA. ALL of the LINE pilots were at bay watching this go down. It was FAPA's decision to exit communications... Not the line pilots!

Great point. You are 100% correct. If they had time to take the offer to a vote it would have turned out different. The F9 guys would have voted yes. Now they can blame their union for what happens. Maybe now they will get the union to change the way they do business before it happens again. It will happen again, it is just a matter of time.

You guys are simply unbelievable. Were you in DIA concourse A when there was a public PA in the concourse stating that RAH won the bid over SouthWest. Not only did Frontier employees cheer, so did the passengers. You idiots should have been there to seen it.

Now leave this deal alone since you are out of it.

My buddy (who talks to the SWA CEO often) says that Republic has come to SWA because they are having trouble coming up with the cash and is trying to sell them gates and slots.

He was a SWAPA big wig a few years back and is now really tight with people at headquarters. He's usually a good source.

I agree. A stable job would have been difficult to stomach. Did FAPA propose a DOH integration? What was FAPA's proposal?[/QUOTE]

FAPA's initial offer was equally absurd; Relative Seniority, top to bottom. If there were time and if reasonable heads prevailed, I'm sure something palatable could have been worked out. At any rate, there was much more to it than the brain trust here on FI is aware of. For example, look at the post Monster Buck just made:
"Frontier has what 30 planes? With all due respect they are nothing more than a SMALL regional type airline with airbuses. They uplift what?...like 1/1000th of SWA and like many have pointed out before most all at F9 would have taken a new hire job at SWA."
With addled thinking and inaccurate facts, I suppose one could come to these illogical conclusions, but hey, don't let reality and truth get in the way of an intelligent debate here on FI.
For the record, F9 represented 10% of the new SWA, bringing to the table; a 121 Flag operating certificate allowing international operations in-house, 62 aircraft with 10 on order (F9/L4) providing regional feed in-house and instant dominance at one of the worlds busiest airports.
As to the tired rant of applications on file and everyone willing to take a new hire job at SWA; last summer F9 was looking like it was going away and F9 pilots had applications in at WN and other airlines all over the world. Probably even a few applied at Airtran:) At the time of this negotiation, I think you would find few that would be willing to leave F9 and start over at the bottom of someone else's list.

Are you serious? Did you say a real honest to goodness 121 certificate? Holy sh1t, that is priceless. A whopping 10 percent? 62 airplanes? No way! I stand by my first comment.

A good friend of mine at F9 thought his dream had come true and he would be a SWA pilot. Now he preys to god that he isn't a reserve fo on a turboprop in Wisconsin in the next couple of months.

Are you serious? Did you say a real honest to goodness 121 certificate? Holy sh1t, that is priceless. A whopping 10 percent? 62 airplanes? No way! I stand by my first comment.

A good friend of mine at F9 thought his dream had come true and he would be a SWA pilot. Now he preys to god that he isn't a reserve fo on a turboprop in Wisconsin in the next couple of months.[/QUOTE]

there is absolutely no chance of that happening, where do you guys get this stuff?

So, back to the original question... Is F9 still in play? NOT, at least 51% isn't. Who's bright idea was it to go with RAH anyway? Maybe it will fall through... Now that's wishful thinking

A good friend of mine at F9 thought his dream had come true and he would be a SWA pilot. Now he preys to god that he isn't a reserve fo on a turboprop in Wisconsin in the next couple of months.[/QUOTE]

there is absolutely no chance of that happening, where do you guys get this stuff?

An fo I knew at Midwest said that same exact thing just eleven month before he lost his job FOREVER after RAH stepped in. Why do you guys NOT see this stuff?

Frontier is NOT in play, according to Gary Kelly. Now, discussions with Republic are a different matter all together.

Of course F9 is no longer in play, it no longer exists. RAH however may have some gates and routes it may want to divest...

Latest resources

Back