F9 still in play

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I doubt that very seriously...

You are free to doubt, of course. It is not just my opinion, but rather what I gathered from our own NC folks in DAL and the mgmt types I have encountered since the F9 deal broke down.

If you ask the SWA and SWAPA guys a question, usually they will give an answer.

It appears that the WN group is a little ticked off that they did not get F9, and a stronghold in DEN

TOO FRIGGIN BAD

No reason to get ticked off

It appears that the WN group is a little ticked off that they did not get F9, and a stronghold in DEN

TOO FRIGGIN BAD

FYI, I have not seen one person ticked off about this. The common reaction was " Oh well."

A staple job of a Major Airline narrowbody pilot group to another Major Airline narrowbody pilot seniority list?? YGBFSM. I don't think that its even legal to agree to something like that in this day and age.

In any event I think all the chatter of RAH leveraging F9 is BB's efforts to raise capital for his yet to be announced expansion plan. (Mostly institutional investors) I don't think SWA has anything to do with it and it doesn't play into BB's plan, but who knows for sure.

As to all of you soothsayers, just relax on the Frontier thing. The holding company (RAH) can operate F9 as a successful mainline carrier, distinctly different from their "fee for departure" business or they can operate it like one of their commuters. In the case of the latter, it will be a miserable failure, but I think they know that. I would have loved to joined forces with WN but not at the expense of a staple job and there was really no time for either side to negotiate anything else.

TOO FRIGGIN BAD

Well it seems your boy Beford can't come up with the money to back his bid and will be forced to sell off F9 assets to come up with it. Only 30 mil short. Oh so close but oh so far away. If this is truly the case he could not afford to operate it anyway. I'm sure he was well aware of this short coming and this was all planned from the beginning. Word around the GO is we will buy 49% of F9 assets, meaning gates in DEN and other places, read LGA, ATL ect, and enter into a feed agreement with Republic. Republic keeps all the pilots and will return the busses. All planned from the beginning I'm sure.

All planned from the beginning I'm sure.
Wouldn't surprise me if they had all this worked out as soon as SWA put a bid in.

Kelly and Bedford probably got on a call, hashed out the details, Kelly got word of the pilots not coming to an agreement and let the rest of it fall out to pursue the 49% deal later.

Sounds EXACTLY like today's Airline Management 101. Survival of the fittest takes on a whole new meaning...

Wouldn't surprise me if they had all this worked out as soon as SWA put a bid in.

Kelly and Bedford probably got on a call, hashed out the details, Kelly got word of the pilots not coming to an agreement and let the rest of it fall out to pursue the 49% deal later.

Sounds EXACTLY like today's Airline Management 101. Survival of the fittest takes on a whole new meaning...

Brother that is a 400 level class :)

Latest resources

Back