• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

F9 still in play

tathagatha

Total Time
10K+
We got a whole bunch of traffic on the jungle telegraph saying F9 is still in play. Well at least 49% of it...

If its true, its a huge shift in where DIA is going.

Porch

Total Time
1 hour
Dang bro, that's not clear to me?!? I don't think it's the tequila & beer... please explain, see ya in the morning!

Widow's Son

Total Time
When it appeared that the deal was unraveling, Herb told those involved not to worry about it and that either it wasn't meant to be or that we could easily end up with an even better deal a few months down the road.

The good news for RAH is that they WON.
The bad news for RAH is that THEY won.

Linedriver

Total Time
We got a whole bunch of traffic on the jungle telegraph saying F9 is still in play. Well at least 49% of it...

If its true, its a huge shift in where DIA is going.

My posts are like that after 7 rum and cokes. Not 6...but 7.

Lear70

JAFFO
Total Time
4abeer
If it's true, it's a bad deal for the Frontier pilots, as Southwest won't have to keep the pilots on board.

Imagine that, RAH pockets their money back from their investment in DIP financing, gets all those Q-400's to place somewhere in their fleet, makes some EXTRA money from the sale of the Airbus and gates to Southwest, and the smaller percentage lets Southwest have "preferential interviews" WHEN they start hiring again... sometime in 2012, as they swap Airbus for 737's and their poolies replace the Frontier pilots with the aircraft swaps.

I smell an ATA coming on again... Baaaaaad juju. :(

slaquer5

Total Time
>19k
If it's true, it's a bad deal for the Frontier pilots, as Southwest won't have to keep the pilots on board.

Imagine that, RAH pockets their money back from their investment in DIP financing, gets all those Q-400's to place somewhere in their fleet, makes some EXTRA money from the sale of the Airbus and gates to Southwest, and the smaller percentage lets Southwest have "preferential interviews" WHEN they start hiring again... sometime in 2012, as they swap Airbus for 737's and their poolies replace the Frontier pilots with the aircraft swaps.

Close, I am sure there will be some other hand shake deals for this to come about but I am thinking you are right and Gary is using Herbs play book.JMO

canyonblue737

Total Time
?
Look there was a window, albiet small, to take an offer and get F9 pilots on WN property. Had I been in the shoes of the FAPA union I might very well think I was being railroaded too so I can't say I blame them holding out that night that likely decided the rest of their careers. The end outcome is still unclear but I know that SWA would *love* to get a good deal of 49% of the F9 assets, perhaps the DEN gates, LGA, some international stuff etc. Oh and now there would be no labor issues.

Is RAH going to protect their employees the way WN just protected theirs?

Porch

Total Time
1 hour
I haven't heard anything regarding this... does anyone have any details? P

roughneck

Total Time
Republic will likely sell off the assets of F9 that they deem "not needed" as they replace the Airbus with RJ's. SWA will get the pieces we were after in the first place without the hassle of labor unrest. Mark this post and reference it in a few months.

Richard Gozinya

Vikings Fan
Total Time
WFB
Believe it!

Of course, watch how SWA is spun as the bad guy, and Bedford doesn't suffer any negative press.

T45Flyer

Fair and Balanced...
Total Time
Lotsa
I haven't heard anything regarding this... does anyone have any details?

I believe most of this speculation came from a SWAPA BOD meeting last week in which Gary Kelly said that Frontier was still in play. I guess he was kinda stomping his foot up and down in a joking manner, as we should be paying attention. No idea what his real plans are. Buy the whole enchilada, or the 49 percent solution.

Porch

Total Time
1 hour
Republic will likely sell off the assets of F9 that they deem "not needed" as they replace the Airbus with RJ's. SWA will get the pieces we were after in the first place without the hassle of labor unrest. Mark this post and reference it in a few months.

Marked... I said the same thing about 2 or 3 weeks ago trying to convince the F9'ers to stay away from the RAH deal. Those guys are in this to make $$, not friends.

scoreboardII

Total Time
xxxxxx
when F9 is bought out from under RAH, you are now not "buying F9", you will be buying 49% of RAH which happens to be called F9.

The future of mergers and Aq, have another company buy what you want, change the ratios and then buy 49% later without the people. Brilliant.

Good luck F9 folks.

airlinepilot

Total Time
DING! I think we have a winner!!!!

F9 parts might just be worth more than the whole!

N1atEcon

Total Time
If this is true Johny S and the FAPA team will go down as making one major error in judgement while trying to save their beloved left seat's.

Lear70

JAFFO
Total Time
4abeer
Maybe its Lynx. Heard they might be for sale.
Why?

That's the best part of the whole deal for RAH. Great regional aicraft, many airlines want to operate them, ready-made crews with no flow-back rights to worry about from F9, and no delivery time waits to get them or lining up financing, etc.

If I were a betting person, I'd bet money Bedford already had a contract lined up for those Q-400's before this deal even was on the table...

MINIME

Total Time
Some
Boy if this is true, this could get ugly. I feel for the F9 guys if this has any merit.

snowman

Total Time
Bedford said he has not even thought about the future of Lynx. He doesn't like turboprops. sounds like a few will head to wisconson. Lynx sounds like an afterthought to Bedford. Wonder what will happen to Lynx. Southwest would be great for the pilots @ lynx. But that is a bit far fetched...