F9 still in play

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tathagatha

We got a whole bunch of traffic on the jungle telegraph saying F9 is still in play. Well at least 49% of it...

If its true, its a huge shift in where DIA is going.

Dang bro, that's not clear to me?!? I don't think it's the tequila & beer... please explain, see ya in the morning!

When it appeared that the deal was unraveling, Herb told those involved not to worry about it and that either it wasn't meant to be or that we could easily end up with an even better deal a few months down the road.

The good news for RAH is that they WON.
The bad news for RAH is that THEY won.

We got a whole bunch of traffic on the jungle telegraph saying F9 is still in play. Well at least 49% of it...

If its true, its a huge shift in where DIA is going.

My posts are like that after 7 rum and cokes. Not 6...but 7.

If it's true, it's a bad deal for the Frontier pilots, as Southwest won't have to keep the pilots on board.

Imagine that, RAH pockets their money back from their investment in DIP financing, gets all those Q-400's to place somewhere in their fleet, makes some EXTRA money from the sale of the Airbus and gates to Southwest, and the smaller percentage lets Southwest have "preferential interviews" WHEN they start hiring again... sometime in 2012, as they swap Airbus for 737's and their poolies replace the Frontier pilots with the aircraft swaps.

I smell an ATA coming on again... Baaaaaad juju. :(

If it's true, it's a bad deal for the Frontier pilots, as Southwest won't have to keep the pilots on board.

Imagine that, RAH pockets their money back from their investment in DIP financing, gets all those Q-400's to place somewhere in their fleet, makes some EXTRA money from the sale of the Airbus and gates to Southwest, and the smaller percentage lets Southwest have "preferential interviews" WHEN they start hiring again... sometime in 2012, as they swap Airbus for 737's and their poolies replace the Frontier pilots with the aircraft swaps.

I smell an ATA coming on again... Baaaaaad juju. :(

Close, I am sure there will be some other hand shake deals for this to come about but I am thinking you are right and Gary is using Herbs play book.JMO

Look there was a window, albiet small, to take an offer and get F9 pilots on WN property. Had I been in the shoes of the FAPA union I might very well think I was being railroaded too so I can't say I blame them holding out that night that likely decided the rest of their careers. The end outcome is still unclear but I know that SWA would *love* to get a good deal of 49% of the F9 assets, perhaps the DEN gates, LGA, some international stuff etc. Oh and now there would be no labor issues.

Is RAH going to protect their employees the way WN just protected theirs?

Republic will likely sell off the assets of F9 that they deem "not needed" as they replace the Airbus with RJ's. SWA will get the pieces we were after in the first place without the hassle of labor unrest. Mark this post and reference it in a few months.

Latest resources

Back