• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 still in play

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy if this is true, this could get ugly. I feel for the F9 guys if this has any merit.

Dont they are better off. They got what they wanted and did not believe that SWA would not furlough more F9 pilots. The SWA pilots would have taken a reduction in there lines to help the F9 guys. Now all bets are off. The F9 pilots showed Gary there true colors and what they think of SWA.

"The SWA pilots would have taken a reduction in there lines to help the F9 guys. Now all bets are off."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_WesTtHf2Q&feature=related

YUP.

I think this will go down historically as one of the most MONUMENTAL F-UP's to EVER have happened within this Industry ( or what is left of it ).

Mama Boucher: Bobby, deh ever catch dat gorilla that busted outa da zoo and punched you in da eye?
Bobby Boucher: No Mama, the search continues.

Best of Luck to all you Gentleman and Ladies....Oh, and you too..."Waterboy".

Last edited:
"The SWA pilots would have taken a reduction in there lines to help the F9 guys. Now all bets are off."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_WesTtHf2Q&feature=related

YUP.

I think this will go down historically as one of the most MONUMENTAL F-UP's to EVER have happened within this Industry ( or what is left of it ).

Duh...."Hey Waterboy!"

"My Mama say's....My Mama say's..."

Mama Boucher: Bobby, deh ever catch dat gorilla that busted outa da zoo and punched you in da eye?
Bobby Boucher: No Mama, the search continues.

Dem boys..Dey Genius....Doan make no steak bout' it....You daon mess wid de DEBIL!

Best of Luck to all you Gentleman and Ladies....

Alexander d'loiscious Azemanhole

Please stop... the pain is unbearable!

A WN and F9 merger would have been one tough airline to compete against. It would have all but locked up DEN and provided WN some key international routes. With similar corporate cultures, the F9 pilots would blended well into the WN team. Staple job? That's sucks but if WN was willing to give years of service credit for pay and vacation purposes, in the long term it would have been better to take the staple, a hit on pay for F9 Capts, but significantly more job security in the long-term.

Frontier is a great airline which should not be associated in any way with Republic.

Last edited:
" a hit on pay for F9 Capts.."

Incorrect.

There was pay protection at....get this,..........PRIOR TO BANKRUPTCY F9 CBA RATES ( hear that? ) OR.....SWA RATES....WHICHEVER WAS HIGHER.

Much like the Morris deal.

Whatever, I guess...Waterboys.

YKRAMS

Pay protection? If that's the case and I happened to be negotiating on behalf of the F9 pilots, I would have taken the deal.

It is pretty easy to "monday morning QB" the F9 guys, but they were probably facing a furlough of one-third of their FOs within 90 days with a staple. That is a tough call any way you slice it.

The timeline for the deal did not allow an opportunity for either side to truly negotiate a deal that they could live with.

Latest resources

Back