• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 still in play

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your entire MEC was MIA on the day after. Our guys have the timeline. Our guys have the emails sent to your Pres and the other guy. Our guys have logs of telephone calls. Your guys freaked out at the last minute, not wanting it to end, then they went radio silence. This is no secret at SWA.

You line pilots got an interesting item inserted in your anus without being consulted. Right now, you could have SWA seniority numbers. Instead, you get to wonder about which city your "hometown airline" is going to call headquarters (hint: IND) and you get to plot with your buddies how long your Airbus job lasts, until it turns into an RJ job.

The nonsense you've been repeating about how the FAPA guys really tried in negotiations is absolute nonsense. We know it, the FAPA guys know it, the only one confused is you.

In my opinion, Stemmler made a previous deal with his new buddy, the CEO of Republic and sold your entire seniority list down the river. Did you see the newest article from Stemmler? In my opinion, one could thing Stemmler is Bedford's secret lover.

Now for the rest of you guys, keep Stemmler in power and let him hang out with CEOs and you'll be fine. Don't worry about having a seniority number worth $4.2 million dollars, that's not as big a deal as Stemmler hanging out in Manhattan with the cool people. You'll all be fine in IND.

Ouch! Bro, we've already got a major image problem around here & you're not helping the cause at all with tasteless posts like that. :eek:

We are not adding positions in MKE, we are moving Denver positions to MKE.

So much for Domicile protection...

Bottom line is that nobody knows for sure what's going to happen. Believe it when it's in the bank or sitting on the ramp.

Enough of this kicking them in the teeth and finding joy in the possibility that their DEN base and their Airbus may not be theirs for long. I hope that if the Bus goes to MKE it will be an overnight or a turn, not a base.

Let's try to collectively wish them well and get on down the road. If Gary Kelly decides to make another play we can deal with it then.

I'll be at the Double Tree in DEN next week if any F9 guys want a free beer.
Gup

Gup,you are a class act brother,no lie.

Bottom line is that nobody knows for sure what's going to happen. Believe it when it's in the bank or sitting on the ramp.

Enough of this kicking them in the teeth and finding joy in the possibility that their DEN base and their Airbus may not be theirs for long. I hope that if the Bus goes to MKE it will be an overnight or a turn, not a base.

Let's try to collectively wish them well and get on down the road. If Gary Kelly decides to make another play we can deal with it then.

I'll be at the Double Tree in DEN next week if any F9 guys want a free beer.
Gup

We have a winner!!!

No one on the SWAPA M&A Committee contacted the FAPA M&A guys on Thursday. There was zero communication between the two committees on Thursday. I keep reading that FAPA left SWAPA hanging or some other line of BS. Sorry, it didn't happen.
You my friend are correct, there was no communication because FAPA didn't want to communicate. Were you there? What was FAPA's timeline of negotiations? You keep wondering why everyone thinks Stemmler and the boy's had a secret handshake with RAH. Well here is an excerpt from just one of our communications from SWAPA. This is why we feel most of the Frontier/Lynx pilots got screwed.

This starts on Wed night:

After our M&A team was in the air headed to DAL FAPA informed SWAPA that their complete team would be unable to get to DAL due to members spread around the country and thus they would not be traveling to DAL. We immediately began setting up a video/audio forum for bargaining still set to begin at 1700 CDT. SWAPA was ready to go at 1700. Just prior to 1700 we were advised that FAPA would not be ready due to their President being unavailable due to his participation in meetings in NY as a member of the unsecured creditors committee. Rather than begin negotiations with the FAPA M&A team, FAPA chose to delay the beginning of bargaining until 1930 CDT until their President was available. We had a deadline of midnight EDT to reach an agreement. So we were down to 3 ½ hours of bargaining time to reach a deal. These type negotiations typically take weeks if not months to conclude. The two M&A teams exchanged several proposals and approaching midnight EDT we concluded our meeting without agreement and agreed to talk on Thursday morning to continue bargaining during the auction process. SWAPA reached out several times on Thursday to FAPA but we never heard back from their team to continue bargaining.

Let's not forget the preposterous demands by FAPA. Here is one that comes to mind:
$3000.00 a month furlough pay, forever! Give me a break. And that was just one of their items.

Last edited:
SWA Dude's, knock it off- we do have an image problem and pounding Frontier guys (several of my friends) about their decision isn't cool.

The pounding was done by their own.... FAPA pounded their own.

Gup you never told them what day you would be there! I for one hate Denver overnights, they can have that whole place, I would have given them domicile protection forever!

But not $3000 a month for furloughees, sorry FAPA you *ucked up.

Latest resources

Back