• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 still in play

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 'moving' of employees refers mostly to backoffice people. As for pilots, there will be airbus flying in and out of MKE very soon as a part of the codeshare. No word on an actual domicile, but if so, I say its about time.

Bookings, you are delusional...FAPA would not respond to us even when we reached out to them when we did not have to do so...faux pas. Slaquer is right...the bottom half of that list got railroaded by their union and that sucks for them.

FAPA chose to throw their lot in with RAH...it was a risky call and they will have to live with that. Not responding or even talking to SWAPA was a big mistake and a breach in etiquette. Few SWA pilots feel sympathetic now to their cause as a result of that action...I think they will come to regret their actions.

Why am I even surprised that we are talking about this...

I hate to interrupt this thread with some facts, again, but what the heck.

No one on the SWAPA M&A Committee contacted the FAPA M&A guys on Thursday. There was zero communication between the two committees on Thursday. I keep reading that FAPA left SWAPA hanging or some other line of BS. Sorry, it didn't happen.

SWAPA called things to a close on Wednesday night, and then invited everyone down to dallas to continue the negotiations. The continued negotiations were contingent on the court granting an extension to the auction. Not only was there no extension granted, SWA's bid did not qualify per the rules established by the court.

These facts are easily verifiable. I honestly have no idea why this is still being discussed.

While we are at it, I would consider the following to be a "breach of etiquette",

A certain union president communicates that some form of integration is inevitable and agreeable, and less than 12 hours later another member of that same union proposes a staple. Why say one thing, and then do the opposite?

Bygones.

Speaking of accuracy, the movement of airbus from denver to milwaukee does in fact come at the expense of F9 flying. As RAH 190's are deployed to DEN, F9 buses will be moved to different cities. This is actually a very good thing, but the fact of the matter is the start of a new domicile or two does come at the expense of F9 pilot positions in Denver. We are not adding positions in MKE, we are moving Denver positions to MKE.

We all really need to move on. Pilots didn't drive the company into BK. Pilots didn't solicit and obtain DIP financing or exit financing. Pilots didn't establish the rules of the auction. Pilots didn't place a bid to purchase the airline. Pilots didn't complete the due diligence to modify the bid to purchase the airline. Pilots didn't refuse to modify the bid to purchase the airline. Pilots didn't forgo an unsecured claim in the amount of $150 Million dollars.

We show up and fly some planes. That is pretty much the extent of our involvement in the process.

Your entire MEC was MIA on the day after. Our guys have the timeline. Our guys have the emails sent to your Pres and the other guy. Our guys have logs of telephone calls. Your guys freaked out at the last minute, not wanting it to end, then they went radio silence. This is no secret at SWA.

You line pilots got an interesting item inserted in your anus without being consulted. Right now, you could have SWA seniority numbers. Instead, you get to wonder about which city your "hometown airline" is going to call headquarters (hint: IND) and you get to plot with your buddies how long your Airbus job lasts, until it turns into an RJ job.

The nonsense you've been repeating about how the FAPA guys really tried in negotiations is absolute nonsense. We know it, the FAPA guys know it, the only one confused is you.

In my opinion, Stemmler made a previous deal with his new buddy, the CEO of Republic and sold your entire seniority list down the river. Did you see the newest article from Stemmler? In my opinion, one could thing Stemmler is Bedford's secret lover.

Now for the rest of you guys, keep Stemmler in power and let him hang out with CEOs and you'll be fine. Don't worry about having a seniority number worth $4.2 million dollars, that's not as big a deal as Stemmler hanging out in Manhattan with the cool people. You'll all be fine in IND.

Why am I even surprised that we are talking about this...

I hate to interrupt this thread with some facts, again, but what the heck.

No one on the SWAPA M&A Committee contacted the FAPA M&A guys on Thursday. There was zero communication between the two committees on Thursday. I keep reading that FAPA left SWAPA hanging or some other line of BS. Sorry, it didn't happen.

SWAPA called things to a close on Wednesday night, and then invited everyone down to dallas to continue the negotiations. The continued negotiations were contingent on the court granting an extension to the auction. Not only was there no extension granted, SWA's bid did not qualify per the rules established by the court.

These facts are easily verifiable. I honestly have no idea why this is still being discussed.

This is now the second time I will ask you for the source of your "easily verifiable" facts. SWAPA distributed their event summary of those two days. If FAPA has done the same, I have yet to see anyone post it here. Even though it is all just water under the bridge at this point, I would genuinely like to know if I have been lied to by my union.

Latest resources

Back