• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 or jetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you are not interested in being a captain, definitely apply to SWA. You may have to get use to those 30 minute turns but you won't feel the pressure of PIC duties.

IMHO, JB ain't gonna make it either in the long term. The LCC price war and $100 oil will see to that. Better to go to a legacy like Delta or Netjets. Fedex/UPS would also be a good option.

I think SWA is the new legacy carrier.

Yo Johnboy,

Looks like you were a CRJ driver (or still are) - I guess you know a lot about puke then. Everyone knows Fedex and UPS won't be hiring for awhile - I was saying he could aim for those carriers over the longrun. Of course Netjets isn't a legacy - but it offers legacy-like stability now and much better pay than it used to after its new TA. I know a few people who have left your glorious JB for Netjets recently because it offers a better package.

But you are too proud at JB to understand that - wow, you are so lucky to be at JB!!!! You should feel so great about yourself. Slow growth, longer upgrade times now, mediocre pay, mediocre benefits relative to some of the other carriers, a Wal-Mart mentality about everything (the list goes on and on). It's not even close to being the "best" job out there - not even close. Mediocre would be an adequate description for JB. And don't forget you get the benefit of constantly flying in and out of fun and easy-going JFK. Wow, how relaxing - I am so envious... Great, go ahead and feel good about your situation.

Don't worry, JB won't even be on my radar when I look to leave the "wonderful" regional I am at right now. Like you, I too will leave the regionals but I will be far more selective.

Merry Christmas

How many awards has JB won over the past years? Customers don't think we're bland...Live TV, XM radio, and now internet mail! We have the best LCC product out there. We have the new Terminal 5 to move to at JFK in October 2008. I'm not below the "magic" 200 seniority number, but I'm gonna make $180K this year. I guess that's pretty mediocre! Still shorter upgrade times vs. NWA, UAUA, AMR, SWA, and DAL! We also have the lowest cost per seat mile, even lower than SWA. $300 million coming from LS, probably for capital improvements (ie new interiors or a new Terminal 6). Training has improved and the new facility in Orlando with their new A320 and E-190 sims is state of the art. The future is brighter than most...

Spectre, good for you on your JB W2, but how many hours did you fly this year?
How many RSAs?
Do you live in base?
Are you a check Airman doing transcon line checks, with a deadhead back to base? (BIG Bucks, for no good reason!)
You are obviously very senior, do you recognize that it's a totally different airline lower on the foodchain and that new hires will NEVER see your level of compensation?

Edit to add: Right, JB still has shorted upgrade. Let's add that f/os at other airlines make more money than junior JB Captains!

Last edited:
You are obviously very senior, do you recognize that it's a totally different airline lower on the foodchain and that new hires will NEVER see your level of compensation?

I'm sure he recognizes it but like most senior guys just doesn't give a sh!t

Yo Johnboy,

Looks like you were a CRJ driver (or still are) - I guess you know a lot about puke then. Everyone knows Fedex and UPS won't be hiring for awhile - I was saying he could aim for those carriers over the longrun. Of course Netjets isn't a legacy - but it offers legacy-like stability now and much better pay than it used to after its new TA. I know a few people who have left your glorious JB for Netjets recently because it offers a better package.

But you are too proud at JB to understand that - wow, you are so lucky to be at JB!!!! You should feel so great about yourself. Slow growth, longer upgrade times now, mediocre pay, mediocre benefits relative to some of the other carriers, a Wal-Mart mentality about everything (the list goes on and on). It's not even close to being the "best" job out there - not even close. Mediocre would be an adequate description for JB. And don't forget you get the benefit of constantly flying in and out of fun and easy-going JFK. Wow, how relaxing - I am so envious... Great, go ahead and feel good about your situation.

Don't worry, JB won't even be on my radar when I look to leave the "wonderful" regional I am at right now. Like you, I too will leave the regionals but I will be far more selective.

Merry Christmas
I love when folks talk about what they don't have a clue about. I guess thats what brings me back to flight info. Anyway, Merry Christmas whatever your choices are....

I love when folks talk about what they don't have a clue about. I guess thats what brings me back to flight info. Anyway, Merry Christmas whatever your choices are....

It's a small industry and most regional guys know people at other airlines and they talk. Perhaps you could elaborate on what he has no clue about?

Don't forget, this is an information forum and most people share their opinions one way or the other (take things with a grain of salt).

It's a small industry and most regional guys know people at other airlines and they talk. Perhaps you could elaborate on what he has no clue about?

Don't forget, this is an information forum and most people share their opinions one way or the other (take things with a grain of salt).
I do (take thing with a grain of salt). Thats why I read and don't post much even though I agree/disagree. But some twist a nerve sometime. I work for JB and he/she said some things that just aren't true. JB has a lot of problems, I don't deny that. But until you walk the shoes of that airline pilot then....well I gotta get back to my eggnog (spiked). Oh yeah, Happy Holidays to all and be safe out there.

NYC area?....definitely go for Delta or Continental. From what I hear, many at Continental have been hired into the right seat of B767 and flying international routes.

Stay away from Jetblue as they are a non-union carrier.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back