F9 or jetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sluggo

I've been at F9 for about 3 years... Been thinking about trying to get an interview with JB. I've had enough of Denver and don't want to commute. Pay isn't an issue, quality of life is.

What are your thoughts on that? Good move or Bad move, Hang out at F9 til something happens (possible merger or buyout) ... I just don't see F9 making it. Slug

With 3 years in how close to upgrade are you?

Sluggo... what part of the country do you live in? Quality of life is the only thing to hang onto anymore it seems, and if you can get a job where you can drive to work I believe life changes immensely.

I've been at JetBlue for 2 years now. I truly enjoy the company (Bus FO). But we certainly have our fair share of concern and gripes over here as well. Find as many JetBlue dudes as you can and talk to them in person. Make sure to find at least 2 or 3 bus FO's and 2 or 3 190 FO's to get the full picture for yourself.

Good luck.

Given the current orders... Never. I'm personally not interested in being a capt. I don't need the money, its a quality of life issue.

If you are not interested in being a captain, definitely apply to SWA. You may have to get use to those 30 minute turns but you won't feel the pressure of PIC duties.

IMHO, JB ain't gonna make it either in the long term. The LCC price war and $100 oil will see to that. Better to go to a legacy like Delta or Netjets. Fedex/UPS would also be a good option.

To each their own, I guess, but something about leaving a Denver-based airline to sign on with a NYC-based airline when "quality of life" is the main consideration....just doesn't make any sense to this kid. :confused:

JohnsonRod must have been turned down by jetBlue at some point. By the way dip$hit, Fedex will not hire for at least another year and same with UPS. But I guess you already knew that Since you know everything about everybody. Netjets is a legacy carrier is a new one. Enjoy your life as a commuter puke

I've been at F9 for about 3 years... Been thinking about trying to get an interview with JB. I've had enough of Denver and don't want to commute. Pay isn't an issue, quality of life is. Slug

Go to Jetblue or anywhere else that will make you happy...that sounds like a pretty tall order though.

I know you didn't mention them, but I'd suggest EOS. Talked to a couple of their pilots and both were very happy. JFK based

Latest resources

Back