• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 or jetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You didn't mention it, but honestly I think you'd have to currently be living within driving distance of JFK at the moment for JB to work out any better. Otherwise you are still commuting. And you'd be taking a big paycut to start as a 190 f/o.

How much better would it get for you if you moved to DEN? Is that possible?

How about FLL as a base? I have a few JB guys living near me in Boca, and they seem to love it. They say they do a lot of turns up and down the East Coast. Most are home every night.

How about FLL as a base? I have a few JB guys living near me in Boca, and they seem to love it. They say they do a lot of turns up and down the East Coast. Most are home every night.
If they're doing turns out of FLL, they are ultra senior. Unlike the 1800 or so pilots below them, they are making good money and not working too many days a month.
If you're not in the top 200, JB isn't so hot, unless you're willing to live in NYC and that wll be tough on JB f/o wages.

If you are not interested in being a captain, definitely apply to SWA. You may have to get use to those 30 minute turns but you won't feel the pressure of PIC duties.

IMHO, JB ain't gonna make it either in the long term. The LCC price war and $100 oil will see to that. Better to go to a legacy like Delta or Netjets. Fedex/UPS would also be a good option.

Hey thanks for the information. Glad you know what you're talking about, oh wise one.

JohnsonRod must have been turned down by jetBlue at some point. By the way dip$hit, Fedex will not hire for at least another year and same with UPS. But I guess you already knew that Since you know everything about everybody. Netjets is a legacy carrier is a new one. Enjoy your life as a commuter puke

Yo Johnboy,

Looks like you were a CRJ driver (or still are) - I guess you know a lot about puke then. Everyone knows Fedex and UPS won't be hiring for awhile - I was saying he could aim for those carriers over the longrun. Of course Netjets isn't a legacy - but it offers legacy-like stability now and much better pay than it used to after its new TA. I know a few people who have left your glorious JB for Netjets recently because it offers a better package.

But you are too proud at JB to understand that - wow, you are so lucky to be at JB!!!! You should feel so great about yourself. Slow growth, longer upgrade times now, mediocre pay, mediocre benefits relative to some of the other carriers, a Wal-Mart mentality about everything (the list goes on and on). It's not even close to being the "best" job out there - not even close. Mediocre would be an adequate description for JB. And don't forget you get the benefit of constantly flying in and out of fun and easy-going JFK. Wow, how relaxing - I am so envious... Great, go ahead and feel good about your situation.

Don't worry, JB won't even be on my radar when I look to leave the "wonderful" regional I am at right now. Like you, I too will leave the regionals but I will be far more selective.

Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Jeeze...I was just asking some simple advice. LoL

Hey sluggo,

Sorry about the deviation. I would again recommend you consider other operators if you really want to go back East - maybe Delta or CAL if you are considering the NY area. You could sit on a Delta 767ER for years if you like.

Good luck regardless.

Sluggo, I've been in Denver for about 4 years now. You're the first guy I've heard of who wants to get out. Those with whom I've discussed Denver love coming here or are former residents who want to get back.

It's not a knock on you by any stretch. I'm just curious as to why.

And do you think our companies will let us swap our respective seniorities?

Daring to dream...

Since you're senior, it's been great, enjoy jetBlue. :)

Seriously, there is more to life than a job, do what's best for your family.

Latest resources

Back