• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

F9 or jetBlue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for all the tips! Some ask whats wrong with Denver... its boring to me. Looking at NetJets. Just not sure how I feel about leaving the airline environment and doing 7 on 7 off.

For the NetJet's guys, how has that been working out? Thanks

Netjets is more than four times the size of Frontier in terms of pilots on the payroll. Eventually, that might provide some additional stability.

Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.

I think bob dylan wrote "dont go mistaking paradise for that home across the road". He was referring to shagging your neighbors wife, but I like to think that he was also saying "the grass is not always greener on the other side".

I made a lateral move early in my career, thank god it was early. I don't know you or your situation, but think long and hard about going to the bottom of ANY list in the today's economy. Before you shine your interview shoes, read the most recent issue of businessweek along with the economist. They both have articles detailing how $90 oil combined with the declining dollar is unsustainable. The industry might be able to cope with one or the other, but the combination of the two will be devastating. Look for another fed cut to stave off a recession, but the dollar will take another hit. Defense spending is actually helping the equation but what happens if and when a dem wins the election...I am rambling, but I hope you get the picture. Now might not be the time to start anew. Unless of course you started prior to 2004, making you senior to moi. If that is the case, JB is the greatest fuking place on the planet, they even give you ice cream on every leg. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, just jump ship baby and move me up a notch. :beer:

I think bob dylan wrote "dont go mistaking paradise for that home across the road". He was referring to shagging your neighbors wife, but I like to think that he was also saying "the grass is not always greener on the other side".

I made a lateral move early in my career, thank god it was early. I don't know you or your situation, but think long and hard about going to the bottom of ANY list in the today's economy. Before you shine your interview shoes, read the most recent issue of businessweek along with the economist. They both have articles detailing how $90 oil combined with the declining dollar is unsustainable. The industry might be able to cope with one or the other, but the combination of the two will be devastating. Look for another fed cut to stave off a recession, but the dollar will take another hit. Defense spending is actually helping the equation but what happens if and when a dem wins the election...I am rambling, but I hope you get the picture. Now might not be the time to start anew. Unless of course you started prior to 2004, making you senior to moi. If that is the case, JB is the greatest fuking place on the planet, they even give you ice cream on every leg. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, just jump ship baby and move me up a notch. :beer:

OK... Sluggo, if you are thinking about Netjets as a possibility then I would redirect your question to the fractional board - you'll find plenty of ex-121 and ex-military guys there. They can give you the pros/cons.

Happy holidays.

NYC area?....definitely go for Delta or Continental. From what I hear, many at Continental have been hired into the right seat of B767 and flying international routes.

Stay away from Jetblue as they are a non-union carrier.

Do you only go eat at restaurants that have union employees? Do you only buy clothes that are made by union factory workers? What about your home computer? I could go on.

I do think that a union is coming to JB but to tell someone to base their decision on coming because they are currently non-union is hogwash.

I'll jump in here.

Sluggo, if you and others are considering Netjets vs. 121 you'll be happy to know (if you don't already) that Netjets now offers 100 domiciles (including many on the East Coast). You can see them on the visual map link below:

http://gc.kls2.com/cgi-bin/gc?PATH=...-STYLE=best&RANGE-COLOR=navy&MAP-STYLE=visual

The new TA has some great financial benefits too with a great starting salary and fully paid medical for the entire family:

http://airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/fractional/netjets.html

NYC area?....definitely go for Delta or Continental. From what I hear, many at Continental have been hired into the right seat of B767 and flying international routes.

Stay away from Jetblue as they are a non-union carrier.

Tell this to a US air guy!!

I've been at F9 for about 3 years... Been thinking about trying to get an interview with JB. I've had enough of Denver and don't want to commute. Pay isn't an issue, quality of life is.

So, huh....you're NOT planning on commuting to JFK? Am I reading this right?

Seniority, theoretically, is what is going to primarily control you QOL. I'm not seeing where giving up 3 years of it to start on the bottom on reserve in JFK is an improvement.

Latest resources

Back