• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Extraneous useless radio phrases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Apparently you want to start comparing logbooks. Fine; I have 22 years professional flying experience and over 3 times the hours as you. I have extensive experience flying both military and commercial heavy jets to every corner of the earth. I fly for the #1 cargo airline in the world.
Yeah, but you're still a giant toolbag! Probably why your wife left you!

So.... where did you get the A$$ MASTER rating? Just curious how a "professional" like you would get one of those.
Contrary to your foolish belief, ATC does not make a habit with non-standard communication. In fact, I honestly can't think of one time I've ever noticed them deviate, and I've been listening to them for many more years than you.

WHAT? Where have you been flying? Did you make up your credentials? Either you have no idea what standard phraseology is, or you really don’t listen to ATC. Good thing you fly freight, you clueless hack!

Last edited:
Contrary to your foolish belief, ATC does not make a habit with non-standard communication. In fact, I honestly can't think of one time I've ever noticed them deviate, and I've been listening to them for many more years than you.

I agree with the spirit of your post, but what you said about ATC having never deviated from non-standard comms (in your vast, God-like experience) is... frankly, garbage. Spend 5 mins with NY approach. Not unsafe, mind you, just different.

Yeah, but you're still a giant toolbag! Probably why your wife left you!

So.... where did you get the A$$ MASTER rating? Just curious how a "professional" like you would get one of those.
[/color]
WHAT? Where have you been flying? Did you make up your credentials? Either you have no idea what standard phraseology is, or you really don’t listen to ATC. Good thing you fly freight, you clueless hack!

I'm done with you. I don't debate fools or tools. You are both, and always will be.

You'd be rejected from any major airline interview were you to reiterate your BS, and you know it. If you don't know that, your a bigger dumbass than I thought...if you do know that, then you're a POS with no integrity--you behave one way in an interview, but completely opposite on the line.

Out.

I agree with the spirit of your post, but what you said about ATC having never deviated from non-standard comms (in your vast, God-like experience) is... frankly, garbage. Spend 5 mins with NY approach. Not unsafe, mind you, just different.

I've spent hours, not minutes, with NY Approach. I did not say that ATC has never deviated from standard. What I DID say was that they don't make a habit of it, and I can't recall an instance where I've NOTICED it.

By the way, I think that my years flying or Total Time is irrelevant. The only reason I described my, as you say "vast, God-like experience," is because this Jackass called out the other guy for being a 300 hour wonder, insulting him with a "My shlong is bigger than yours contest" with the logbook.

I have always believed that professionalism doesn't always correlate directly with Total Time. It's all about attitude. Clearly on this thread, the guy with just 250 TT has a much more professional attitude than the d0uch with 3700 TT.

I've spent hours, not minutes, with NY Approach. I did not say that ATC has never deviated from standard. What I DID say was that they don't make a habit of it, and I can't recall an instance where I've NOTICED it.
You either have your head up you’re a$$, or you’re a moron. Probably both!
By the way, I think that my years flying or Total Time is irrelevant. The only reason I described my, as you say "vast, God-like experience," is because this Jackass called out the other guy for being a 300 hour wonder, insulting him with a "My shlong is bigger than yours contest" with the logbook.

Two things are important in respect to standard phraseology. Experience, and common sense are required to know when it ok to use non standard phraseology. You obviously have no common sense for a guy with 11K+ hrs, which just makes you more dangerous then the 300hr wonder.
I have always believed that professionalism doesn't always correlate directly with Total Time. It's all about attitude. Clearly on this thread, the guy with just 250 TT has a much more professional attitude than the d0uch with 3700 TT.
For a guy who places no importance on experience you seem to bring up yours a lot. You are only upset that you have no common sense and have to take it out on those that do. You’ll always be the hack that slipped through the cracks.

PS It’s spelled d0uche, and that title belongs to you.

my friend pointed me to this thread and let me use his account to post briefly.

I'm a controller at a center, a busier one, too.

Hollywood82 you're so out to lunch with your thinking. No where do we appreciate you "shortening" stuff with crummy shorthand abbreviations for things. 124 and a quarter means nothing, it's 124.25, just like 8.0, and all the other abbreviations you mentioned.

Too many guys think they're "hot stuff" with their shorthand and you strike me as the type. Ie. you're given a clearance and don't read back your call sign with it, I query you again, still just the clearance, til I have to FINALLY ask for a call sign in the readback?

What about the N123SF guys calling themselves sugar fox? what the hell is SUGAR?

Or N888AB you should check on as eight-eight-eight not "triple 888".

These are all things I hear everyday, and are shorthanded by pilots who think they might know their stuff, but are just sounding foolish and making it harder to communicate.

Hollywood, you're fighting a losing battle, not sure where you get your confidence but no controller is gonna approve of bad phraseology or shorthand.

Also, re: ATC in college? LOL man. Come on, those classes barely teach you what separation minimums are, let alone phraseology!!!

Hollywood82 you're so out to lunch with your thinking. No where do we appreciate you "shortening" stuff with crummy shorthand abbreviations for things. 124 and a quarter means nothing, it's 124.25, just like 8.0, and all the other abbreviations you mentioned.

Too many guys think they're "hot stuff" with their shorthand and you strike me as the type. Ie. you're given a clearance and don't read back your call sign with it, I query you again, still just the clearance, til I have to FINALLY ask for a call sign in the readback?

What about the N123SF guys calling themselves sugar fox? what the hell is SUGAR?

These are all things I hear everyday, and are shorthanded by pilots who think they might know their stuff, but are just sounding foolish and making it harder to communicate.

Hollywood, you're fighting a losing battle, not sure where you get your confidence but no controller is gonna approve of bad phraseology or shorthand.

Also, re: ATC in college? LOL man. Come on, those classes barely teach you what separation minimums are, let alone phraseology!!!

:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

I see alot more than you do from your little space at center, and I can tell you that controllers all over the country use 4.5, 124 and a quarter, etc. I will agree with you on your point of pilots using phrases like fish finder instead of TCAS, or FS = foxy sugar, etc. Those do not belong. The tripple 8 thing I have heard from ATC several times though. Don't point fingers! ATC does it too!

Sugar was the phonetic used before Sierra, some people just insist on still using Sugar.

Latest resources

Back