• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've heard from some reliable sources this same scenario. We'll see if it becomes a reality soon enough. I'd prefer to stay flying the COEX ops, I want to keep my pillow and turkey sandwich.;)

So this is ironic. When CO announced that they were gonna be using Mesa, everyone was up in arms about taking flying and the like. Now that ExpressJet is in the same barrell AMR, people seem to be ok with it. Come on people, let's see the forest for the trees.

Believe me, if this happens there will be a war between AMR and Eagle. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

DGdaPilot said:
So this is ironic. When CO announced that they were gonna be using Mesa, everyone was up in arms about taking flying and the like. Now that ExpressJet is in the same barrell AMR, people seem to be ok with it. Come on people, let's see the forest for the trees.

Believe me, if this happens there will be a war between AMR and Eagle. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

Okay I'm not going to begin in how this is a different situation but atleast you could get your facts straight! Mesa never has and never will fly for CO simply because of who their CEO is and how everyone in CO management feels about him. It was Chautauqua that was going to do the flying for CO.

DGdaPilot said:

Eagle does codeshare flying for CO you know that right? This wouldn't be taking current flying from Eagle from my understanding. Rather doing ops with the XRs that other aircraft can't do. Additional flying, not taking or underbidding for current flying. If it indeed even happens.

Exactly. I've heard this rumor as well and believe there is some merrit to it, although I don't know about the number of airplanes.

If this happenes, this will be very different from the XJT-CAL-CHQ deal.

1) We would not be taking airplanes away from Eagle or any of the connection partners. Neither do I believe we would replace one of the connection partners.

2) I'm sure that AMR is interested in our XRs, of which XJT is the sole operator. We also have experience with Mexico flying, including some infrastructure there, that they would love to utilize. AMR should realize by now that there is a market there that they can tap into from DFW and LAX and might "hire" us to do that.

I can understand that Eagle guys would be upset because this "new" flyin won't be done by them, but I wouldn't call it stealing.

Nevertheless, I'll be the first to say that I wish it would never come down to this. I wish we could do just our CAL flying and Eagle could do all AA flying.

Maybe the CHQ 140's will go to CO and the displaced Xjet 140's will replace the CHQ STL AAconn flying?

sleddriver77 said:
Maybe the CHQ 140's will go to CO and the displaced Xjet 140's will replace the CHQ STL AAconn flying?

Well, we don't have any 140s and the deal struck between CAL and Republic was for us returning the aircraft. Since we keep them, I'd be willing to bet the deal is nixed.

Latest resources

Back