ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Jetlink

It is upon 'good authority' that in the near future, ExpressJet will announce that 59 of the 69 aircraft removed from service from Continental beginning Dec. 2006 will be flown for American Airlines as an American Connection Carrier. XJT will fly these aircraft from what is expected to be a base out of Southern California.

In late February, XJT was accomplishing proving runs in the 145xr from D/FW to 5 California cities.

Hiring has been extended with monthly classes through at least the end of this year from what was initially expected to end in June. Upgrade classes too will continue unabated. Upgrade currently is 2 years.

Jim Ream, XJT's CEO, was, in fact, a manager of finance for American Airlines prior to joining Continental Airlines as VP of Finance. He was then named COO and Executive VP for Continental Micronesia prior to being named President of Continental Express, now ExpressJet.

The addition of XJT to AA would also permit a smooth transition, as no scope clause issues exist with AA's CBA and XJT as XJT only operates 50 seat aircraft.

The other 10 aircraft are expected to be converted to executive interiors for charter flying, and it is further understood that XJT and XJT-ALPA have already negotiated HIGHER pay rates for the pilots that would do such 135 flying; higher than the current industry leading pay rates and contract provisions that XJT pilots currently enjoy.

Additionally, the reduction if the 69 145 jets from Continental was not so much for CO to get others to do the flying, but to greater utilize the 69 114 seat 737-500's on routes that are constantly full on the 145's, such as MCI, RDU, CLT, STL, etc, a smart move in this day and age of higher fuel prices.

In the CO DNU (Daily News Update - otherwise known as Daily Propaganda Crap) that announced XJT's retention of the 69 airplanes CO was no longer "requiring," CO CEO did not mention CHQ at all, and simply stated that CO has "many options" for regional jet service and will choose such service upon its needs of its customers as it sees fit in the future. Hmmmmm.

It has also been floated out there that XJT will simply increase utilization of their current fleet for CO of 205 aircraft to pick up the slack of what flying was not transferred back to CO and what will be needed for only 30 or so 50 seat aircraft lift.

Discuss amongst yourselves. :beer:

I don't have too. This isn't a press release. It is a free board....this information is as good as it gets before the "official" announcement, whenever that might be...or not be ;)

Oh, and my sources are a "high administration official," or maybe a "source within the CIA." :uzi:

Jetlink said:
In late February, XJT was accomplishing proving runs in the 145xr from D/FW to 5 California cities.
Discuss amongst yourselves. :beer:
I don't know about the rest of the information you posted, however proving runs are not required for given routes if the company already operates the type of airplane. The FAA does not care about where you fly an airplane if you have proven your ability to operate it.

Jetlink said:
I don't have too. This isn't a press release. It is a free board....this information is as good as it gets before the "official" announcement, whenever that might be...or not be ;)

Oh, and my sources are a "high administration official," or maybe a "source within the CIA." :uzi:

hmm sounds believable then. not

Jetlink said:

The Sanford Sun Times just reported that this is flame bait!

SlapShot said:
I don't know about the rest of the information you posted, however proving runs are not required for given routes if the company already operates the type of airplane. The FAA does not care about where you fly an airplane if you have proven your ability to operate it.

These "runs" have been accomplished by XJT to others cities such as BOI, etc. to gather certain data for the company, including drift down numbers, etc. I am not so sure they were FAA "proving runs."

Hey, this is a chat board, not an SEC filing....believe it or not, I could care less. I am just putting the information that I have on good authority out there.

gona stir the pot huh? who else does connection flying besides TSA?

hmmmmmmm.....and don't even get those eagle guys going.......

Oh man, I can just see it now. The Eagle guys are going to claim that you stole your flying, then steal your soda, and tape your static ports.......

Jetlink said:
......Continental beginning Dec. 2006 will be flown for American Airlines as an American Connection Carrier. XJT will fly these aircraft from what is expected to be a base out of Southern California.

Maybe they should call it AmericanExpress...oh wait...that's already an established name. Lets just paint them checker green with the Amex logo and charge them for the advertising. Heck, Pac Bell (Pacific Bell) has now been renamed AT&T park:rolleyes: ....all of these sporting venues being named after corporations and companies is sickening.....

everything is for sale when it comes to advertising.

Latest resources

Back