• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All you XJT boys don't understand how things work at AMR, but speculating is a legitimate right.
AMR will place an order for E190's and possibly A320's soon. That is the talk at the American Airlines Flight Academy. Even though XJT might be offering a cheap contract, additional 50 seater flying is not on AMR's agenda, well, maybe one route here and another there. But nothing that would even justify let's say... 10 more ERJ's especially from another carrier. Eagle has enough of them. Labor relation problems at Eagle and AA would be too great to justify such a drastic "status quo" change. Both pilot groups would strongly oppose any such deal and EGL ALPA and APA would surely unite against any "giving away" of AMR flying to outsiders. The company (AMR) does not want to slow down it's current financial recovery trend by making employees unhappy, less productive or induce acts such as "well, we'll just stop saving that fuel", or force massive resignations, especially Eagle junior pilots, inducing more recruiting and training costs. Thing would certainly go down hill. AMR may not be the best company out there, but their managers are SMART. Let's face it... If AMR wanted more 50 seaters...they would have already given a contract to Mesa, Chatauquaquaqua (whatever), Skywest or one of those multi-connection colorful airlines a while ago. AMR wants bigger airplanes for "regional" flying.
Anyway...keep on coming more of those rumors. I personally thing XJT will end up selling those ERJ's to some carriers in China and India....
Good luck to ya'll.

Last edited:
By no means is Eagle the best. I enjoy the place, though. But keep in mind, the big reason why Eagle is so much more expensive to operate than TSA, Republica, and XJT is because of our seniority. We've got 20-30 year pilots here. And we're the largest regional in the world (last time I checked...could've changed by now). Put those 2 things together and boom you've already got high overhead. Now we could all go into why there are such senior pilots here, but the more important fact is that as long as the industry keeps sliding, there are gonna be ALOT of life'ers at XJT and Chacockwa. Just watch.

We'll all find out in a few months whenever the official announcement is made. Until then....who cares? I just don't get the thrill out of these silly rumors that most of you do.

Jetlink said:
The E170/190 is a cabin class airplane, and without a middle seat, much better than any single isle Boeing.

And they should all be flown by mainline! Otherwise we are all going to be regional pilots for the rest of our lives....no no wait...we will be flying mainline type flying at regional pay for the rest of our lives.

BrazPilot said:
All you XJT boys don't understand how things work at AMR, but speculating is a legitimate right.

Labor relation problems at Eagle and AA would be too great to justify such a drastic "status quo" change. Both pilot groups would strongly oppose any such deal and EGL ALPA and APA would surely unite against any "giving away" of AMR flying to outsiders. The company (AMR) does not want to slow down it's current financial recovery trend by making employees unhappy, less productive or induce acts such as "well, we'll just stop saving that fuel", or force massive resignations, especially Eagle junior pilots, inducing more recruiting and training costs. Thing would certainly go down hill. AMR may not be the best company out there, but their managers are SMART. Let's face it... If AMR wanted more 50 seaters...they would have already given a contract to Mesa, Chatauquaquaqua (whatever), Skywest or one of those multi-connection colorful airlines a while ago. AMR wants bigger airplanes for "regional" flying.
Anyway...keep on coming more of those rumors. I personally thing XJT will end up selling those ERJ's to some carriers in China and India....
Good luck to ya'll.

No, we might not...but Jim Ream does ;)

And the LAST thing that AMR cares about (obviously) is employee moral. I mean come on.

Financial recovery? Oh, like the grand plan of the American Love Field operations...because yeah, that is a freakin brilliant "financial recovery plan" as every airplane out of there loses lots and lots of money.

Eagle recruiting? Its a non-stop operation isn't it? They hire 30 and 15 show up to class.

As long as the 145's fit within the scope clause of AA, there isn't much APA can do, and we all know how pathetic Eagle ALPA is.

I still don't want the flying...but like I said before, you may think AMR managers are smart, but ours are smart as well....and we would not announce the retention of 69 airplanes and not have somewhere to put them....already. If we didn't have a place to put them, they would have waited on the retention announcement.

And anyway, I had to bump this bad-boy back to page 1!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back