ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Secret Squirrel said:
UH YES! They do continental connection flying out of LAX. They are in the Continental magazine.
So you are right!

Travel Area for Mileage Accrual: All Continental code-share flights connecting over Los Angeles, CA (Connect through Los Angeles, CA, to Fresno, Monterey, San Diego, San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara, CA. Flights must be ticketed as Continental.)

Tell you what. You can have these 5 Saab flights and Eagle will take delivery of 50 more jets to cover the "new" flying. Deal?

To further this rumor, Thomas Horton was just named CFO of American Airlines on March 29, 2006. Until this date he was on the Board of Directors for ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. It is rumored that he went to American and was very interested in forming a relationship b/w the two companies. Take it for what it is worth.

upndsky said:
Exactly. I've heard this rumor as well and believe there is some merrit to it, although I don't know about the number of airplanes.

If this happenes, this will be very different from the XJT-CAL-CHQ deal.

1) We would not be taking airplanes away from Eagle or any of the connection partners. Neither do I believe we would replace one of the connection partners.

2) I'm sure that AMR is interested in our XRs, of which XJT is the sole operator. We also have experience with Mexico flying, including some infrastructure there, that they would love to utilize. AMR should realize by now that there is a market there that they can tap into from DFW and LAX and might "hire" us to do that.

I can understand that Eagle guys would be upset because this "new" flyin won't be done by them, but I wouldn't call it stealing.

Nevertheless, I'll be the first to say that I wish it would never come down to this. I wish we could do just our CAL flying and Eagle could do all AA flying.

Don't waste your breath, some of the Eagle guys will still be ranting about "stolen" flying, etc.

When TSA began doing flying out of STL for AACONNECTION (all of it the former TWE flying) the reaction was swift and loud.

So, this is different than the "whores" who were BIDDING on the CAL flying?

I hear all sorts of justifications out there from the expressjet guys now and heard plenty of threats to all of us who were trying to get your flying.

because we all know it was "us" pilots lobbying CAL for it.

Auburn_CFI said:
To further this rumor, Thomas Horton was just named CFO of American Airlines on March 29, 2006. Until this date he was on the Board of Directors for ExpressJet Holdings, Inc. It is rumored that he went to American and was very interested in forming a relationship b/w the two companies. Take it for what it is worth.

You sir are very correct...here is the link

http://investor.expressjet.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=130007&p=irol-newsreleasesingle&t=Regular&id=838294&

DGdaPilot said:
So this is ironic. When CO announced that they were gonna be using Mesa, everyone was up in arms about taking flying and the like. Now that ExpressJet is in the same barrell AMR, people seem to be ok with it. Come on people, let's see the forest for the trees.

Believe me, if this happens there will be a war between AMR and Eagle. There's no doubt in my mind about that.

Well yeah, CHQ - Mesa, easy to get confused...very similar "styles" you might say.

The difference here is...and lets let this one sink in...the "taking" of flying, or simply the lack of expansion of Eagle, is being "taken" by an industry leading pilot group (i.e. pay and contractual provisions at XJT). Therefore, as far as I am concerned, this is a huge step in the RIGHT direction for a change.

XJT seems to be able to keep costs down in all aspects of its operation, and from what I have seen runs a very tight and efficient ship. So the efficiences of XJT operations allows for an industry leading pilot contract, what a novel idea.

XJT wants an operating margin of 10%, where CHQ and others would shrink that profit margin to .5% or 1% to get the business, none of which is good for the long term viability of that particular company, nor the lives of the people (pilots) that provide for that to happen.

Judging from the letter released by Bedford to the "associates of Republic Airways," the deal with CHQ and CO has fallen apart.

Industry leading contract, second from last in operating costs, and only Mesa beats us as cheaper in operating costs. I assume that is because their pilots don't like to get paid to fly airplanes judging from their contract and pay scales.

UEJ500 said:
So, this is different than the "whores" who were BIDDING on the CAL flying?

I hear all sorts of justifications out there from the expressjet guys now and heard plenty of threats to all of us who were trying to get your flying.

because we all know it was "us" pilots lobbying CAL for it.

Absolutely yes. See above post.

okay..I am going to get some chips and beer 'cause this is going to get GOOD!!!!!:beer:

well, if AMR is willing to spend MORE money on a regional contract because of better service then TSA is screwed!!! (just kidding, I'm sure we are top notch)

UEJ500 said:
well, if AMR is willing to spend MORE money on a regional contract because of better service then TSA is screwed!!! (just kidding, I'm sure we are top notch)

CHQ's bid for the Continental flying was more expensive than TSA's bid, yet look who got that contract.

Latest resources

Back