ExpressJet to fly for....American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UEJ500 said:
So, this is different than the "whores" who were BIDDING on the CAL flying?

I hear all sorts of justifications out there from the expressjet guys now and heard plenty of threats to all of us who were trying to get your flying.

because we all know it was "us" pilots lobbying CAL for it.

It's a little different because AMR has not told Eagle that XJT will take 69 of THEIR airplanes and put XJT pilots in them to do flying Eagle is currently doing. IF XJT flies for AMR, it will be flying that is not currently done by Eagle. Places like DFW-BOI that AMR was not able to do because they couldn't fill up a 700 will possibly be done by XJT in an XR because they might fill it up. Eagle cannot do that route in anthing but a 700 because their ERJ's don't have the range.

UEJ500 said:
well, if AMR is willing to spend MORE money on a regional contract because of better service then TSA is screwed!!! (just kidding, I'm sure we are top notch)

Well, sometimes that old saying "you get what you pay for" actually does mean something. No one knows what AMR is going to pay for the XJT contract. Like I said before, when you have lower operating costs in all other aspects of your business, you can pay your people more. Kind of the Southwest philosophy...highest paid 737 pilots in the country, yet some of the lowest paid employees in all other aspects...is that the pilots fault?

We, unlike CHQ or Mesa, have hard numbers that cannot be fudged to "get" a contract in false light. ACARS, dispatch reliability numbers, on-time performance (although this has to do with CAL operations folks....we have numbers for both our run outstations and CAL run hub/outstations), extensive network of maintenance locations, unsurpassed in any other regional carrier, and over 1100 mechanics that keep our 99._ something dispatch reliability a reality, and something we can negotiate with.

Canceling flights costs money, we just avoid it at all costs. I haven't flown an airplane with an open MEL in over two months. There is a reason for this. I did have an airplane several weeks ago that was not going to be able to get fixed right then...what happened? We had an aircraft swap. They brought us another airplane that was available. Most regional carriers do not have the luxury of this aircraft availability...most any other would have just cancelled the flight. We went out 1 hour late, but we went out.

Lets say that was a CHQ flight operating for CAL. I highly doubt they would have had the resources to swap the aircraft, particularly if they are operating only a small number of aircraft for CAL in the first place.

IF and only If this is true, then yes, COEX is no different than CHQ and TSA and Regions Air or whoever they are. None of the companies above took any flying away from Eagle, yet all of the above were treated as if they had sold their souls to the devil himself. You guys can try and justify this all you want, but you will be taking away upgrades and routes that I am certain Eagle guys think is "theirs".

What comes around go's around right? If this goes through, get ready for some slammin. I think I will go get a beer for this.

EMBPILOT1 said:
IF and only If this is true, then yes, COEX is no different than CHQ and TSA and Regions Air or whoever they are. None of the companies above took any flying away from Eagle, yet all of the above were treated as if they had sold their souls to the devil himself. You guys can try and justify this all you want, but you will be taking away upgrades and routes that I am certain Eagle guys think is "theirs".

What comes around go's around right? If this goes through, get ready for some slammin. I think I will go get a beer for this.

[URL="http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:h7IGB_CSGuBoxM:www.amgmedia.com/freephotos/beer-glass.jpg"]http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:h7IGB_CSGuBoxM:www.amgmedia.com/freephotos/beer-glass.jpg[/URL]

Here the first on is one me....:beer:

EMBPILOT1 said:

Upgrade times?? At Eagle?? LOLOLOLOLOL....ohhhh, yeah...thats a good one.

Maybe its that flow-back provision they have there at Eagle.....hmm....because their flow-through provision SUCKED big time.

Why didn't AMR buy XR's so they could actually fly the routes they want flown? They still could if they wanted too.

It is easy to slam those who's company "takes" flying when that pilot group isn't paid the highest. Its not so easy to do when a company who's pilot group does have the industry leading contract is awarded the flying.

Hey, I was kept out of "upgrading" for 3 years because we had a little thing called a flow-back provision that let CAL pilots flow on back down should there be a furlough, and there was. I wasn't happy about it, but its hard to argue with a deal that is contractual, I knew it existed when I got hired, and lived with it.

CAL flowed roughly 450 back to Express, maybe more I can't recall off-hand, but CAL has "flowed-through" nearly 1800 pilots from Express to CAL. I'd say that was a pretty good deal, at least for the 1800 or so and now those behind them all who "moved up" the ladder.

I will always believe that a strong small jet provider who has a close relationship to one "mothership" is certainly more beneficial to all rather than a piece-mealed system of redundant providers, but who am I but a lowly pilot ;)

XJT is not taking away "routes and upgrades" that Eagle believes should have been theirs. Eagle voted their contract in. They have to live with it's realities. If you were hired at Eagle in the last 10 years and you didn't expect 12 years in as an FO, then please tell me how you passed the drug test because the main reason I never applied to Eagle, although they had the best base structure, is because even I knew and had heard from those there, that it certainly was not "the place to be."

This whole thread is gay. As long as we, as pilots, don't accept less to gain more, then we have done our civic duty as far as I am concerned. Bottom line, its a dirty azz business, and nobody wins. If we go in and say we will work for less to do Eagle's current routes, then that would be a bit underhanded, in my opinion that is.

Oh yeah, and guys, I think we should stop bragging about having an industry leading contract... that could all crumble at any given moment. Just be happy that we have what we have, and be humble. In other words, take the high road.

beechcowboy said:
Oh yeah, and guys, I think we should stop bragging about having an industry leading contract... that could all crumble at any given moment. Just be happy that we have what we have, and be humble. In other words, take the high road.
It'll crumble if you let it.

flyer172r said:
CHQ's bid for the Continental flying was more expensive than TSA's bid, yet look who got that contract.

I would really be interested to know how you came into contact with that information, considering all the bids were confidential. DO tell.......

Latest resources

Back