• Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree. And throw in the frequent flyer programs that XJT is competing against, I think most people will choose the cheaper, well known airline with a frequent flyer program.

Part of me is just flabergasted that the bosses running XJT actually think this will work.

You fail to mention what the alternative would have been. Give up the airframes? Is that a viable business plan? What would you have done given the circumstances?

I heard the load factors have been very light for the new operation. VERY light.

Is there a plan in place to scale it back if it doesn't work? XJT cannot go on for very long flying empty planes.

Also, I would imagine that they are getting stiff competition from about all angles - American Eagle, Horizon, CAL, Southwest.

Good luck to those guys, but it isn't looking good in my opinion. I think Indy Air proved that 50 seat jets cannot make money on there own.

Please Ignore Inspector HardNasty!! He/She Is Just A Lurker, Posts Nothing But FlameBait!! Dont Fall for this ******************************bag!!

Please Ignore Inspector HardNasty!! He/She Is Just A Lurker, Posts Nothing But FlameBait!! Dont Fall for this ******************************bag!!

Stop being such a flaming prissy-pants. It is a fair question/discussion and I am curious. Just because you work there and I don't doesn't mean I can't ask a question without you jumping my sh!t like a little girl.

I hope you guys make it, but I just don't see how the branded flying thing is gonna make any $$ on the west coast. You XJTrs are worse than SW pilots when someone asks a pointed question.

Why do you care if it works or not? Are you a customer? Do you work for xjet? Work for the competition? Or just trying to get some jollies by fear mongering?

I saw a load factor today out of ONT with 38 people. Not too bad.

I don't see how XJT will win on this board. If they don't make it you'll say "See I told you." If they do make it you'll say "CAL funded it."

I still crack up at you guys who make the comparison to Indy Air. Those of you who make that comparison just show your ignorance of how XJT has set up the flying. It's nothing like Indy Air. No hub and spoke, no low cost carrier, not head to head with a major.

Also.... If there isn't much of a price difference why wouldn't someone take a smaller plane that can save them a few hours of travel? For a business man, time is money. He can spend that extra time with a customer and make extra cash.

Stop being such a flaming prissy-pants. It is a fair question/discussion and I am curious. Just because you work there and I don't doesn't mean I can't ask a question without you jumping my sh!t like a little girl.

Well I've turned a few comments back to you and you've failed to address them. Go figure. Back to your flames, eh?

Just curious, when XJT does a charter in a mid sized city, ROC/SYR sized, would they board/deplane at the terminal or an FBO? Is the security the same since you really don't know 50 clients that well compared to chartering a small jet where you get familiar with clients? Thanks.

Latest resources

Back