• Start date
  • Watchers 42

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still crack up at you guys who make the comparison to Indy Air. Those of you who make that comparison just show your ignorance of how XJT has set up the flying. It's nothing like Indy Air. No hub and spoke, no low cost carrier, not head to head with a major.

Not showing our ignorance, just pointing what everyone else sees that is not drinking the Xjet Kool-aid.

No you are not head to head with a high cost major. Your mngt team chose to go head to head on some SWA markets. That appears to be even worse.

Whoever posted that pax would rather sit in an RJ than a bus or 737, you are crazy. RJ's suck to ride in period.

Horizon has free Micro Brew and northwest wine.

Advantage Horizon...

Whoever posted that pax would rather sit in an RJ than a bus or 737, you are crazy. RJ's suck to ride in period.

The gospel according to you, huh? Well you are wrong. It is complete ignorance to believe that there is not a percentage of road-warriors who do like the ERJ for reasons previously stated.

Originally Posted by MEL'ed

Just curious, when XJT does a charter in a mid sized city, ROC/SYR sized, would they board/deplane at the terminal or an FBO? Is the security the same since you really don't know 50 clients that well compared to chartering a small jet where you get familiar with clients? Thanks.

In my experience we've always boarded at the fbo regardless of the size of the airport. As far as security goes, the FAA considers charter groups well acquainted enough that they don't have to go through the traditional screening process. However, because this is a 121 Supplemental operation we are required to check each passengers id against our passenger manifest. Each passenger name was checked on the FAA's No-Fly list prior to the manifest being printed.

Horizon has free Micro Brew and northwest wine.

Advantage Horizon...

Dollar beers - keep the whole 12oz.

Every flight is catered with food...really good food...included in the ticket price.

Advantage Horizon is not so clear cut.

A "the sky is falling" post less than a week after we started is a little disingenuous to say the least.

So you would prefer a 5 or 6 hour travel time from OMA to LAX on a 737 (with a connection and the chance of a missed connection or other issue) over a 3 hour travel time on an RJ?

-Neal

So you would prefer a 5 or 6 hour travel time from OMA to LAX on a 737 (with a connection and the chance of a missed connection or other issue) over a 3 hour travel time on an RJ?

-Neal
I do MKE-SLC a couple times a month, and if time allows, I prefer stopping in DEN. I can't handle being on back of an RJ for that long. Thats just me though...

Best of luck to the XJET guys/gals...

Good luck to ExpressJet. This point to point stuff is great. The XM radio, extra padding in the seats, dollar beer, and less competition for arm rests is smart... shows improvement over the norm to me.

I do MKE-SLC a couple times a month, and if time allows, I prefer stopping in DEN. I can't handle being on back of an RJ for that long. Thats just me though...

Best of luck to the XJET guys/gals...

The seat is roughly the same despite the size of the fuselage. And businesspeople typically prefer the shortest travel time since "time is money." But hey, if someone wants to connect in in Dallas for 90 minutes only to have to sit in a middle seat on both segments of that big 737, so be it. I'll take the single seat on the left side of the RJ any day of the week over a middle seat on a 737....that doesn't even factor in the travel time difference or the cheap beer and XM.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back