Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
N

Non Union

I heard the load factors have been very light for the new operation. VERY light.

Is there a plan in place to scale it back if it doesn't work? XJT cannot go on for very long flying empty planes.

Also, I would imagine that they are getting stiff competition from about all angles - American Eagle, Horizon, CAL, Southwest.

Good luck to those guys, but it isn't looking good in my opinion. I think Indy Air proved that 50 seat jets cannot make money on there own.

I heard the load factors have been very light for the new operation. VERY light.

Priceline, orbits,travelosity, travel agent, etc are coming on board, it'll change already has.

Is there a plan in place to scale it back if it doesn't work? XJT cannot go on for very long flying empty planes.
We have 205 aircraft working for CAL, 10 for DAL, 15 Charter, I'm not worried. Not worried anyway flying is my hobby sense I have a biz on the side.

Also, I would imagine that they are getting stiff competition from about all angles - American Eagle, Horizon, CAL, Southwest.
Horizon and Eagle, again not worried we have a great product.

Good luck to those guys, but it isn't looking good in my opinion. I think Indy Air proved that 50 seat jets cannot make money on there own.
Time will tell, again I'm not worried.

they JUST got going. I'm sure they have a plan in place that will take many months to get to where they want it to be.

Horizon and Eagle, again not worried we have a great product.

I really do hope that it works out for XJT, and I am sure their product is great, but how many customers will pay more for a better product when it comes to air travel? If XJT is $300 to go from San Diego to Kansas City, and AA is 299 to go SAN-DFW-MCI then who will get the customer? I think the general public only cares about price.

I really do hope that it works out for XJT, and I am sure their product is great, but how many customers will pay more for a better product when it comes to air travel? If XJT is $300 to go from San Diego to Kansas City, and AA is 299 to go SAN-DFW-MCI then who will get the customer? I think the general public only cares about price.

In your example, I think most would pay that extra buck for a direct flight, and save the aggravation of an hour layover in DFW with an airplane change.

I agree. And throw in the frequent flyer programs that XJT is competing against, I think most people will choose the cheaper, well known airline with a frequent flyer program.

Part of me is just flabergasted that the bosses running XJT actually think this will work.

Heard they plan on no profits for the first three years. In reality, Continental are the ones that are funding the whole project.

I agree. And throw in the frequent flyer programs that XJT is competing against, I think most people will choose the cheaper, well known airline with a frequent flyer program.

Part of me is just flabergasted that the bosses running XJT actually think this will work.
What other choice do they have?

Latest resources

Back