Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ExpressJet and the mystery 69 airplanes!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"We're not stupid enough to try anything like Independence Air said:
Not that this is the only thing wrong with her statements, but Independence had a LOT more than $3 Million on the bank, A LOT more...

Wow, lighten up Francis. I was just telling you what I was told. And it seems to be somewhat confirmed by: http://www.expressjet.com/corpAviation/index.htm But I guess in typical flightinfo fashion that when someone provides a piece of information, rather than talk about that, we'll just resort to the pointless attacks.

Your entire post is a pointless attack. Who cares what some recruiter said about the pay here at ExpressJet (apparently only you). Also, starting up a corporate flight operation is an intuitive idea with possibilities of greater profits than feeding for a major. The configuration may not be the same as a legacy, but the important thing is using the aircraft for corporate. I think it would be much more stupid to give up the 69 aircraft that we have maintained for the past several years to a group that will undercut us. What would that say about our pilot group?

Eric Pogo

ejpogo said:
Also, starting up a corporate flight operation is an intuitive idea with possibilities of greater profits than feeding for a major

I think it would be much more stupid to give up the 69 aircraft that we have maintained for the past several years to a group that will undercut us. What would that say about our pilot group?

Looks to me like ExpressJet will become the Go! of the 135 world...

The company that had that mid-air in Brazil starts their legacy FO's at $85k/yr.

Last edited:
wheelsup said:
The company that had that mid-air in Brazil starts their legacy FO's at $85k/yr.

Source? I find it hard to believe that they are STARTING their FO's that high. NetJets doesn't even pay that much to start on the BBJ.

If the rumors of what the pay override will be hold to be true, the pay will be comparable to that of NetJets Aviation.

Have been told by several union types that the pay for the corp stuff will be "very comfortable" for all involved. The rub is that there will only be a few aircraft and only the IAH golden boys (training center pilot, mgt kissasses) will do the flying...

The FO pay is going to have to be high...I think they will have a hard time finding FO's who are willing to leave the potential to upgrade on the line and the fixed schedule to be an indefinite FO with less days off per month on the corporate side.

Source? I find it hard to believe that they are STARTING their FO's that high. NetJets doesn't even pay that much to start on the BBJ.

I won't discuss on the public board. Check your PM's.

I think we can all admit corporate/135 stuff pays significantly better than the regionals, especially with the bigger equipment.

Last edited:
I guess they better repay them 86,000 a year and retrain them on how to keep the transponder on during flight to avoid incoming aircraft.

Latest resources

Back