• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet called me. LOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The current hiring activity is (thank God!) mostly people with 135 or preferably 121 experience. It makes a lot of sense to call people who put in apps 1-2 years ago to see if they might like an interview, because they might have attained the desired level of experience in that time. They are not calling you thinking you still have 600/100. They are calling hoping you have maybe 2000/1400 with turbine time which you got at an extremely sh!tty regional or charter job you would like to leave.

AVI8V1 said:
one of my buddies runs a flight school and he got a call from expressjet. Dawn told him that he would fly down the next day for an interview. He said that he couldn't do it on such short notice and she got agitated with him. I guess his cellphone dropped the call. She called him back and told him he should get a new cellphone... that's when he told her to stick it and that he'd rather keep his current job at mcdonalds because at least there he gets paid enough to have a cellphone compared to express's sh!tty pay, and so on. This was back in the spring of '04. Get this. they actually called him back a week or so ago for an interview! Holy crap, that's the kind of sh!t that makes me laugh hard. He has a VERY middle eastern sounding name, maybe its really George Bush calling trying to get him on a plane to cuba.

Ha, you've got to be talking about Mous. I think he actually told me that story

Mous has to be righ about the most stupid guy there is, if not he's the second. Not for turning down a job, but for having that attitude, you never know when you gonna run into someone.

Never pee into the wind.....

Superpilot92 said:
Your loss! I couldnt think of a better place to be right now. Xjet might have had some issues with getting phone calls set up with everyone but they are getting back on track dawn is no longer doing the interviews so relax. Good luck to all those who are trying to get on here, it really is a good place.

Express Jet is a great place to be and a great company. The problem people have is not with the company itself is was/is the hiring process headed by Dawn.
I interviewed at XJT back in July of 04 along with 23 other people. I remember Dawn asking about 5 or so people to leave because they sent up 3 resume's instead of 2. BIG DEAL. I ran into XJT's Chief Pilot at Flight Safety (STL) and he said the hiring process has now change to a different format. I understand they're not doing the whole interview in front of the entire group.
I'm definitely not bashing XJT! Super company with a decent contract; but dawn was very unprofessional during phone conversations with numbers people and during the interview process.

Keep applying, XJT is among the top Regionals.

On Your Six said:
Sure, the pay is as bad at Expressjet as it is at other regionals and upgrade probably takes a few years, but the equipment is great (I'm told the XR is a great performer) and you start on a jet vs. an archaic prop like you would at some other regionals.

Oh God, another one with SJS.

AVI8V1 said:
one of my buddies runs a flight school and he got a call from expressjet. Dawn told him that he would fly down the next day for an interview. He said that he couldn't do it on such short notice and she got agitated with him. I guess his cellphone dropped the call. She called him back and told him he should get a new cellphone... that's when he told her to stick it and that he'd rather keep his current job at mcdonalds because at least there he gets paid enough to have a cellphone compared to express's sh!tty pay, and so on. This was back in the spring of '04. Get this. they actually called him back a week or so ago for an interview! Holy crap, that's the kind of sh!t that makes me laugh hard. He has a VERY middle eastern sounding name, maybe its really George Bush calling trying to get him on a plane to cuba.

I think that's funny. Good for him....someone with ba!!s which is more than I can say for 98% of us.

Flechas said:
Mous has to be righ about the most stupid guy there is, if not he's the second. Not for turning down a job, but for having that attitude, you never know when you gonna run into someone.

Never pee into the wind.....

Yes, you are right. Mous is probably the most stupid guy there, that is, if you call stupid...

Receiving a phone call from Dawn demanding, almost threatening that you fly down for an interview in 2 days otherwise your name with be taken off the list of potential interviews.

The guy actually owns his own flight school and manages another family owned business, so he simply was not able on 2 days notice to interview nor did he feel like dealing with the blatant disrepect that this lady had. Other people, including myself, probably would have bent over backwards because I would have been desperate for a job. He on the other hand, has a good job and loves dealing with the GA side of aviation and not the BS of some lady who thinks she can talk to people like they're dirt. Remember, not everyone aspires to be the airline pilot, there are plenty of other sides of aviation that are just as good.

That lady was a pain in the rear. I got called for an interview date and accepted it. A week later I call back to get my travel info. She says that that date is full, and I won't be interviewing then, despite having assigned it to me 7 days earlier. I get slid another months back. Would've cost me 40 seniority numbers. Then the arrogance as she trots around like a queen asking questions she doesn't know the answer to, it was annoying. But I'm not bitter.

BlackPilot628 said:
Express Jet is a great place to be and a great company. The problem people have is not with the company itself is was/is the hiring process headed by Dawn.
I interviewed at XJT back in July of 04 along with 23 other people. I remember Dawn asking about 5 or so people to leave because they sent up 3 resume's instead of 2. BIG DEAL. I ran into XJT's Chief Pilot at Flight Safety (STL) and he said the hiring process has now change to a different format. I understand they're not doing the whole interview in front of the entire group.
I'm definitely not bashing XJT! Super company with a decent contract; but dawn was very unprofessional during phone conversations with numbers people and during the interview process.

Keep applying, XJT is among the top Regionals.

The word around town is that the guard has changed in the HR department. When I interviewed in October, DD was still running the show, but she didn't interview me. She didn't interview anyone. It was very non-threatning. It was a pleasant experience.

Are they still doing group interviews? I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to do, have 20+ guys in the room and ask each one a question.

FC.

Latest resources

Back