• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Express Jet called me. LOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, I applied right before 9/11, so I figure they should be getting around to calling me by the end of the year. :)

one of my buddies runs a flight school and he got a call from expressjet. Dawn told him that he would fly down the next day for an interview. He said that he couldn't do it on such short notice and she got agitated with him. I guess his cellphone dropped the call. She called him back and told him he should get a new cellphone... that's when he told her to stick it and that he'd rather keep his current job at mcdonalds because at least there he gets paid enough to have a cellphone compared to express's sh!tty pay, and so on. This was back in the spring of '04. Get this. they actually called him back a week or so ago for an interview! Holy crap, that's the kind of sh!t that makes me laugh hard. He has a VERY middle eastern sounding name, maybe its really George Bush calling trying to get him on a plane to cuba.

Wow.. I applied in October and they finally called me in May. I thought that was long. I guess its better than par for them.

I very politely declined as well.

Last edited:
ERfly said:
LearLove,

At least when I did the interview, they gauge it more toward your background. I was flying 121, so I got a slightly different interview than the CFI guys. They love 121 guys in HR and the training department. If you're thinking about coming here, I would. They have a link on the website for 121 guys, I think. The contract is pretty good. The work rules are great and we have a good relationship with management. You'll fly great equipment with great people.

If I were in your shoes, I'd stay way from that Indianapolis based scum-bag operation and what they're doing to you. If you're looking for a good small-jet carrier (notice I didn't say regional), I don't think you can do wrong with us.

From my experience, they didn't base it on current background. I was a 135 jet pilot and they were asking me questions about the seminole! I got just about all the questions wrong, but I said it with confidence! LOL I got offered the job but had to repectfully decline when they wanted me to start 4 days later. A company should be professoinal and allow people to give 2 weeks to their current job, but that wasn't the way they were for me. Oh well. I found me a 121 job that I am happy at and that is all that matters. :D

cosmotheassman said:
The girl asked if I was still interested in a pilot position and, I said, "from 2 years ago? You got to be kidding me." She replied,"We just got around to your resume." I politely declined.

I would have politely told her to kiss my arse, and then proceed to tell her what a sloppy operation they are running over there and well...what time is the interview? Yes, I'll be there, thanks for calling.

Out of curiosity, would you treat a recruiter the same way if it were jetBlue, FedEx or SWA calling you after you submitted an application 6-12 months earlier? If you already have a better opportunity at the time that someone calls, just politely decline. I did that when Skywest called a few years back when I was already working at XJT. Acting like a d-ck in this situation doesn't prove anything other than the fact that you are a d-ck.

-Neal

I agree.. Feeling to good for XJT boys?

Don't burn any bridges behind you @ss!

The people on your way up, are the ones youll meet on your way down..

FD

Your loss! I couldnt think of a better place to be right now. Xjet might have had some issues with getting phone calls set up with everyone but they are getting back on track dawn is no longer doing the interviews so relax. Good luck to all those who are trying to get on here, it really is a good place.

Latest resources

Back