• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Express Jet called me. LOL

cosmotheassman

Total Time
I just got called for an interview at xpressjet. OMG. The last time I had my stuff in there was over 2 years ago.

The girl asked if I was still interested in a pilot position and, I said, "from 2 years ago? You got to be kidding me." She replied,"We just got around to your resume." I politely declined.

I can't believe they are 2 years behind in resumes. Anyone else have this happen? Are they that desperate?

MVSW

Total Time
Growin
Thats crazy!!

Alfa Romeo

Total Time
~4500
Expressjet

Expressjet called me 3 days ago to ask me if I would be interested in coming for an interview... I had submitted my app. to them little over a year ago......

MVSW

Total Time
Growin
Wtf???

K

kj6991

indianboy7guess they ran out of 600 hour wonders......

Nope. I applied when i had 600/100. Still one in the stack.

meatloaf

Total Time
I'm a 900 hour wonder and got the rejection e-mail.... they’re not that desperate yet!

On Your Six

Total Time
You could do A LOT worse for regionals when you think about it. Sure, the pay is as bad at Expressjet as it is at other regionals and upgrade probably takes a few years, but the equipment is great (I'm told the XR is a great performer) and you start on a jet vs. an archaic prop like you would at some other regionals.

Have you seen Expressjet's route system? It basically covers 90% of the US as well as a huge portion of Mexico (and now Guatemala). That's pretty diverse flying - possible to fly from Cabo to Halifax in one day. Exhausting, but pretty good variety.

I don't fly for the regionals or Expressjet, but if I were considering regionals, Expressjet would be on the short list - you could do a lot worse...

PA31Ho

Total Time
>2500
Yea, I don't know how they do things over there at ExpressJet. I applied December 6, and have sent many resumes since then. I was told to expect a call in mid March, but didn't get a thanks but no thanks letter until 2 weeks ago. Whatever.... I have a job with Piedmont now, I'm as happy as I could be.

LearLove

Total Time
12000+
Seeing as that I'll be furloughed and tossed to the street in about 2 to 3 months I'm thinking of sending them my stuff. EWR is about an hour from my parents house. I just love being 30 and having to live at home.

Funny thing is from what I've read on the Xjet gouge on the web I couldn't pass the interview. I haven't really used any of the "CFI type" question knowledge they ask in years.

Last edited:

Popeye0537

Total Time
die
Your welcome to come over to CHQ.... you just have to take a hit in the seniority department. Most of our guys dont want to fly your lines...we like our bases in Florida

ERfly

Total Time
LearLove said:
Seeing as that I'll be furloughed and tossed to the street in about 2 to 3 months I'm thinking of sending them my stuff. EWR is about an hour from my parents house. I just love being 30 and having to live at home.

Funny thing is from what I've read on the Xjet gouge on the web I couldn't pass the interview. I haven't really used any of the "CFI type" question knowledge they ask in years.

LearLove,

At least when I did the interview, they gauge it more toward your background. I was flying 121, so I got a slightly different interview than the CFI guys. They love 121 guys in HR and the training department. If you're thinking about coming here, I would. They have a link on the website for 121 guys, I think. The contract is pretty good. The work rules are great and we have a good relationship with management. You'll fly great equipment with great people.

If I were in your shoes, I'd stay way from that Indianapolis based scum-bag operation and what they're doing to you. If you're looking for a good small-jet carrier (notice I didn't say regional), I don't think you can do wrong with us.

T

Traumahawk

ERfly said:
LearLove,

If I were in your shoes, I'd stay way from that Indianapolis based scum-bag operation and what they're doing to you. If you're looking for a good small-jet carrier (notice I didn't say regional), I don't think you can do wrong with us.

I just think of all of the stand up people that have been flying at this "scum bag operation"....many for over 10-15 years, and then I think what would happen to you if you had the gall to say that in front of a couple of them. You couldn't carry their flight cases.

You do a lot of CHQ bashing on here. What, does the home life suck? Are you depressed? Are you just a loser? I have a ton of friends at ExpressJet. I think it's a great operation with a lot of diversity. I also see that our contracts are not all that different.

For example....You guys get another dollar or 2 an hour first year, but you're spending your time sitting ready or on reserve for the first third of it while many of our guys are getting 85+ hrs of credit with lines. Things seem to even out on most fronts. Pay is one.

Don't be a Jack @ss, almost every company has some great people working there. Last time I checked, I wasn't the one who called Bedford and told him to purchase US's division of MDA's aircraft. Either did any other pilot for CHQ.
Lets get real here.

T-hawk

B

Biatch5

cosmotheassman said:
I just got called for an interview at xpressjet. OMG. The last time I had my stuff in there was over 2 years ago.

The girl asked if I was still interested in a pilot position and, I said, "from 2 years ago? You got to be kidding me." She replied,"We just got around to your resume." I politely declined.

I can't believe they are 2 years behind in resumes. Anyone else have this happen? Are they that desperate?

YES!! I had an interview set up witht hem on Sept 20 something, 2001 and then Sept 11th happened and never heard from them till..............yeah 2 years later approx and they called me and asked if I was still interested... I laughed at the girl and said no thanks...I dont wanna fly the mickey mouse regioanl jet and hung up!

Man that felt goooooooooooooooooood

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
They called me back for an interview too, I was in indoc.... at XJT. I think that the tail of the dog is chasing the head eh!

BeachBummer

Total Time
.71yrs
LearLove said:

They dont ask furloughies, cfi questions. atleast i didnt get any. all i got was 121 and tech questions. good luck

FlyChicaga

Total Time
LearLove, ditto to the others on the 121 questions. They didn't ask any prior 121 to brief a Jepp approach plate, and they only asked us questions about 121 operations and our aircraft. Very straightforward.

From what I understand, there was some shifting around in Human Resources for pilot hiring, so that might account for some of the mixups in callouts for interviews.

ERfly

Total Time
BeachBummer said:
They called me back for an interview too, I was in indoc.... at XJT. I think that the tail of the dog is chasing the head eh!

Happened to a guy in my class during systems.

say again

I love her ARSE!!!!
Total Time
I sent in my resume back in Jan of '02, so I guess I could be expecting a call sometime soon!!!!!