Express Jet called me. LOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cosmotheassman

I just got called for an interview at xpressjet. OMG. The last time I had my stuff in there was over 2 years ago.

The girl asked if I was still interested in a pilot position and, I said, "from 2 years ago? You got to be kidding me." She replied,"We just got around to your resume." I politely declined.

I can't believe they are 2 years behind in resumes. Anyone else have this happen? Are they that desperate?

Thats crazy!!

Expressjet

Expressjet called me 3 days ago to ask me if I would be interested in coming for an interview... I had submitted my app. to them little over a year ago......

indianboy7guess they ran out of 600 hour wonders......

Nope. I applied when i had 600/100. Still one in the stack.

You could do A LOT worse for regionals when you think about it. Sure, the pay is as bad at Expressjet as it is at other regionals and upgrade probably takes a few years, but the equipment is great (I'm told the XR is a great performer) and you start on a jet vs. an archaic prop like you would at some other regionals.

Have you seen Expressjet's route system? It basically covers 90% of the US as well as a huge portion of Mexico (and now Guatemala). That's pretty diverse flying - possible to fly from Cabo to Halifax in one day. Exhausting, but pretty good variety.

I don't fly for the regionals or Expressjet, but if I were considering regionals, Expressjet would be on the short list - you could do a lot worse...

Yea, I don't know how they do things over there at ExpressJet. I applied December 6, and have sent many resumes since then. I was told to expect a call in mid March, but didn't get a thanks but no thanks letter until 2 weeks ago. Whatever.... I have a job with Piedmont now, I'm as happy as I could be.

Seeing as that I'll be furloughed and tossed to the street in about 2 to 3 months I'm thinking of sending them my stuff. EWR is about an hour from my parents house. I just love being 30 and having to live at home.

Funny thing is from what I've read on the Xjet gouge on the web I couldn't pass the interview. I haven't really used any of the "CFI type" question knowledge they ask in years.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back