Express Jet called me. LOL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying_Corporal said:
Are they still doing group interviews? I thought that was a pretty stupid thing to do, have 20+ guys in the room and ask each one a question.

FC.

When I interviewed, the only thing you did as a group was the company intro and a just-for-fun company info Q&A session. Everyone was then told to wait and called one at a time for the interviews. There were 3 rooms, 2 rooms with a line pilot asking tech stuff and 1 room with HR and a management pilot asking HR type stuff. Straight forward and they let you know within 5 minutes if you're hired or not.

As for everyone bitching about getting sent home over paperwork. It was an exercise to see if you could follow directions. Believe it or not, that's kind of a big part of this job.

Traumahawk said:
I also see that our contracts are not all that different.

For example....You guys get another dollar or 2 an hour first year, but you're spending your time sitting ready or on reserve for the first third of it while many of our guys are getting 85+ hrs of credit with lines. Things seem to even out on most fronts. Pay is one.

T-hawk
Your kidding right?

See, T-Hawk was only comparing rates. He didn't mention that his rates were for a 70-seater and ours for a 50-seater.

Last edited:
no group interview and no dawn anymore. Relax people dont get all bent out of shape about it anyway. She was there when i interviewed. Look if you go in and you are confident and you know your shiat than it should be no problem.

BaronDrvr said:
Yes, you are right. Mous is probably the most stupid guy there, that is, if you call stupid...

Receiving a phone call from Dawn demanding, almost threatening that you fly down for an interview in 2 days otherwise your name with be taken off the list of potential interviews.

The guy actually owns his own flight school and manages another family owned business, so he simply was not able on 2 days notice to interview nor did he feel like dealing with the blatant disrepect that this lady had. Other people, including myself, probably would have bent over backwards because I would have been desperate for a job. He on the other hand, has a good job and loves dealing with the GA side of aviation and not the BS of some lady who thinks she can talk to people like they're dirt. Remember, not everyone aspires to be the airline pilot, there are plenty of other sides of aviation that are just as good.

If he is so happy with his job, wy did he bother to apply in the first place?
Also, when someone from HR calls you and is mean to you, doesn't mean they are bad people or the company is bad, maybe they are tsting your character, see how you react.
I talked to DD when I was in training and she was a very nice lady.

So I stand by my opinion, your friend is pretty stupid.

Flechas said:
Also, when someone from HR calls you and is mean to you, doesn't mean they are bad people or the company is bad, maybe they are tsting your character, see how you react.

DUDE!

cosmotheassman said:
I just got called for an interview at xpressjet. OMG. The last time I had my stuff in there was over 2 years ago.

The girl asked if I was still interested in a pilot position and, I said, "from 2 years ago? You got to be kidding me." She replied,"We just got around to your resume." I politely declined.

I can't believe they are 2 years behind in resumes. Anyone else have this happen? Are they that desperate?

They called you they must be that desperate.

Flechas said:

I can't say he's albert einstein but, to answer your question, I believe his app went in with no response; henceforth, he committed to the flight school route.

When someone tries to kick you in the nuts and then proceeds to offer you a job, even if you applied out of your own free will, I think you may see it a different way. Otherwise the cycle of abuse will continue (She hits me because she loves me/ wants to see what I'm made out of). Very similar to an abusive personal relationship that continues due to lower self esteem/lack of options.

Latest resources

Back