• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Has anyone recently got a call to interview or does anyone have any information about interview dates? I have an internal recommendation but haven't heard anything yet. Standing by to stand.

Has anyone recently got a call to interview or does anyone have any information about interview dates? I have an internal recommendation but haven't heard anything yet. Standing by to stand.

From what I could tell, they are holding interviews on Thursdays with 2 or 3 guys at each session. They plan on hiring about 40 FOs thru November. There was a class of 4 on Jan 4th and a few of them interviewed in early December. The Feb 1st class of 4 has at least one guy that interviewed the week before Xmas. So they have about 32 more people they are planning on hiring. It seems the constraint is availability of instructors or LCAs. I think thats why the classes are small and limited to 1 per month.

They think they are going to run out of classic FOs who will bid the 400 for whatever reasons. They want to avoid putting new hires in the 400, but it may have to happen in July give or take. 3 to 6 400s to be delivered this year. I think they said the first few airplanes were going to be additional air frames and at some point they would start doing a one for one replacement of the 200s. I don't know how long the timeline was gonna be on that. I vaguely remember them saying that the Classics would be around another 6 years or so (don't recall).

Last edited:
Looks like the schoolhouse is going to be open till at least Sept.

We will be VERY short on classic FO's next month. With the 3rd LCF arriving and the first -400 freighter (notice I didn't say BCF) arriving early march.

Thanks for the information. Do you know if they are hiring for aircraft or attitude? What I mean is are they looking for guys with wide body time or are guys like me who have mainly large turboprop time being called to interview? I was hoping my internal reference would help but I haven't heard from anybody yet.

Thanks for the information. Do you know if they are hiring for aircraft or attitude? What I mean is are they looking for guys with wide body time or are guys like me who have mainly large turboprop time being called to interview? I was hoping my internal reference would help but I haven't heard from anybody yet.

As far as getting the job, I think its more important to be able to fit in, get along, and be willing to adapt to a schedule that will be changing frequently. The day I interviewed, there was a former widebody Captain, a Mesa Dash CA and me... a long time out of work guy.

What gets your resume noticed?? I haven't a clue.

Last edited:

No it seems they look more for attitude. They have recently hired some RJ guys.

Just remember if you are coming off a RJ to a Classic 74 you are making a major leap backwards. There is also all the Overseas Ops stuff you will have to catch up on. You will be drinking from a fire hose and trying to catch up on a whole different type of operation.

Going from a RJ glass cockpit to the Classic is a bigger jump than going from the Classic to any glass cockpit.

If you have a fair amount of single pilot freight time in your past you will probably have no problem adapting to the Classic. If most of your flying experience is in the RJ your going to be in for a big surprise.

ACMI operations are a big difference from scheduled ops in an RJ. The trips are filled with lots of schedule changes, very long days and flights. Most of the smaller ACMI companies think of labor contracts as something of a joke. It is a continual fight to get management to comply. If you have a family are they prepared for you not to be home for close to 15+ days in a row?

I don't know what the situation is at Evergreen is now, but they have a reputation of being pretty tough and not very tolerant in their training program. You would have to definitely be on your "A" game the whole time.

If you take the risk and it does not work out you could be stuck without a job.

Things are pretty iffy in these economic times, if you have any seniority at your current job you would be better to stick it out there till times get better.

You make it sound like running the Gauntlet!! Groundschool is like anywhere else, you study you will pass. Sim training I found easier than my RJ training was. Sim training at EZ is pretty much handled by retired United 747 drivers, very easy to deal with and they will help you out (guess thats why its called training). You will run through a Nav class for plotting and carrying out oceanic crossings but the bulk of it is done on IOE. Groundschool is in McMinnville, sim is at UA in DEN. The 400 training is all done in DEN. Instructors great, very experienced and also do training for UPS and Airforce 1 aerial refuel training.
In groundschool blend in don't stick out is my main advice if you come aboard as a new hire!! As stated here by others, the schedules aren't for everyone and some of the destinations aren't either....but the flying is the funnest I've ever done!

Last edited:
Thanks for the good info, I appreciate it. Being a single guy, traveling the world in a 747 sounds awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully my recommendation comes through.

Thanks for the good info, I appreciate it. Being a single guy, traveling the world in a 747 sounds awesome. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hopefully my recommendation comes through.

I think the best thing you can do for your flying career is to stay single. If you do get married, just give it some time...you'll be single again eventually.

Latest resources

Back