• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Evergreen updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember back when I was working there and I stopped by the CP's office while attending recurrent ground school to ask him to look at the resume of a friend of mine. After quietly reading it up and down he looked at me and asked one question:

"Does he take abuse well?"

(That's ACMI in a nut shell. Not to say that it's all bad - but the pendulum can swing pretty far in either direction. One day you might find yourself sipping cocktails poolside in some distant exotic locale or sightseeing in places you had only seen before on the travel or history channels ...and the next you might find yourself hoping you don't get malaria or shot down or arrested or furloughed (again). The sayings "Ya roll the dice, ya takes yer chances" & that old Chinese curse about "May you have an interesting life" both seem tailor made for this type of flying).

Working for the ACMI's is a very unique experience to say the least. You'll do fine there Blingair, just remember you'll be home as little or less than you were at the Evil Empire, and everything else is easy. I remember the first night of groundschool at Gemini. I thought what the heck did I do?

Anyway best of luck to you.

I think the best thing you can do for your flying career is to stay single. If you do get married, just give it some time...you'll be single again eventually.

LMAO...Truer words have never been spoken!!

Working for the ACMI's is a very unique experience to say the least. You'll do fine there Blingair, just remember you'll be home as little or less than you were at the Evil Empire, and everything else is easy. I remember the first night of groundschool at Gemini. I thought what the heck did I do?

Anyway best of luck to you.

Thanks, I appreciate the words. I'm just waiting for that phone call, I've never wanted a dude to call me so bad.

What would a typical 2 week trip look like for a reserve guy?

If your based in JFK or SUU, do you begin/end your trip there or will you commercial somewhere?

You wll be based in JFK. There is a line of pilots for the Travis base. It's a a good bet you will end up at RMS or HAN, and from there who knows. I got a friend a interview.They like to do them on thursdays for some reason.Don't worry about the turboprop time. Be careful what you wish for. Good luck.

That ENTIRE story is all BS.

1. We have a UAV company. They are NOT in Haiti. In fact all the UAV's are currently in a hangar in OR. There are UAV's currently flying over Haiti, but they are manned by the rescue team from Israel.

2. We did fly a trip into MTPP a few days ago, at the request of the Dept. of health and human services. It was a commercial charter, totally unrelated to all of our AMC contract flying.

3. The Bill O'Reilly thing is totally blown out of control. He was a guest of our owner, who flew him into OKBK on the GIV that we have for executives.

Don't believe everything you read on the interwebs as the truth...

Anybody been called for an interview in the last week or so? I'm feeling like the fat chick waiting by the phone so she can go to the prom.

Latest resources

Back