• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yr 1= $53
Yr 2= $56
Yr 3= $59

On a 65 hour guarantee,some serious furlough potential, and a management that throws the contract out the window (see international business or better grievance)? No thanks.

Well you have a job so stay where you are at..The Business class travel is back..

Thats one thing I miss about EZ - 10 hours of flying and 40+ hours of business flights around the world chasing aircraft in a month!! Still using the airmiles!

The pay may not be all that good but I will say the guy's you fly with are some of the best (professionally and socially) you'll find out there.

Stay in your light twin. Any job flying in this economy is a good one. The phone up in Mickeyville is ringing off the hook. Evergreen is what you make it. I enjoy the job,and from what I see flying around the world. Its the same BS at every airline.

Yr 1= $53
Yr 2= $56
Yr 3= $59

On a 65 hour guarantee,some serious furlough potential, and a management that throws the contract out the window (see international business or better grievance)? No thanks.

Business or better never went away outside of the US and the domestic coast to coast and PANC was gone for a month. I was a checkairman on that Taco Rocket your flying and left for Evergreen 3 years ago....glad I did!

Stay in your light twin. Any job flying in this economy is a good one. The phone up in Mickeyville is ringing off the hook. Evergreen is what you make it. I enjoy the job,and from what I see flying around the world. Its the same BS at every airline.

Agreed, the flying sounds incredible. It's a good opportunity for the right person.

spitfire1500, I'm not knocking your job. I think we can all agree that Evergreen is such a unique job that it is certainly not for everyone. There's a lot of risk associated with it and I don't think the schedule is conducive to the family life that I want. Some can accept that, some can't. I have every intention of eventually leaving my current employer when the right opportunity comes around. It's not a bad place to ride out the current economy. Glad to hear the arbitrator sided with you guys on the travel, seemed like a no brainer to me.

Bottom line I didn't want to take an interview slot (knowing I wouldn't take the job) from someone who genuinely wants and or needs the work. I wish you guys the best and will gladly go to JFK or wherever and do some walking for the contract that you guys deserve if it ever comes to that.

Last edited:
Business or better never went away outside of the US and the domestic coast to coast and PANC was gone for a month. I was a checkairman on that Taco Rocket your flying and left for Evergreen 3 years ago....glad I did!

Thread drift.....are you guys at MGTOW when you have that jet full of 787 fuselage?

Just remember if you are coming off a RJ to a Classic 74 you are making a major leap backwards. There is also all the Overseas Ops stuff you will have to catch up on. You will be drinking from a fire hose and trying to catch up on a whole different type of operation.

Going from a RJ glass cockpit to the Classic is a bigger jump than going from the Classic to any glass cockpit.

If you have a fair amount of single pilot freight time in your past you will probably have no problem adapting to the Classic. If most of your flying experience is in the RJ your going to be in for a big surprise.

ACMI operations are a big difference from scheduled ops in an RJ. The trips are filled with lots of schedule changes, very long days and flights. Most of the smaller ACMI companies think of labor contracts as something of a joke. It is a continual fight to get management to comply. If you have a family are they prepared for you not to be home for close to 15+ days in a row?

I don't know what the situation is at Evergreen is now, but they have a reputation of being pretty tough and not very tolerant in their training program. You would have to definitely be on your "A" game the whole time.

If you take the risk and it does not work out you could be stuck without a job.

Things are pretty iffy in these economic times, if you have any seniority at your current job you would be better to stick it out there till times get better.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back