• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor Flow for New Hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Glad I'm not there anymore. A disgruntled Captain, and Delta's golden child in the right seat?? That will be downright dangerous. Sorry guys you deserve better.

The concept of using a "sponsoring regional" has been batted around at Delta for a few years now as a recruiting pipeline for mainline.

Allows DAL to staff it's regional feed with fresh pilots...

Saw that article when it first came out in 2011. The first paragraph is hardly a ringing endorsement of the concept:

"Delta Air Lines is considering a "blue sky" theory for how to meet future pilot demands. Called "CAPT," for Civil Airline Pilot Training programme, the carrier stresses the idea is conceptual in nature and that it is not committed to the implementation, nor is it engaged in discussions with potential sponsors."

And, that was before the law changed to the R-ATP and 1500 hr thing.

Even if people can get the hour reduction for the R-ATP from a university affiliation, doesn't the issue then become how to get these university folks from the 300ish, fresh CPL to the 1000/1250 hrs they need to be R-ATP/ regional-eligible ?

If so, how are they going to do that ? Just idle curiosity...not taking any position on the issue.

Endevour/Delta cannot just give one deal to some of the pilots and another deal to other pilots. (Assuming they have a union.) All that must be part of the collective bargaining process. That is why there is a union in the first place.

Endevour/Delta cannot just give one deal to some of the pilots and another deal to other pilots. (Assuming they have a union.) All that must be part of the collective bargaining process. That is why there is a union in the first place.

Nope. Unfortunately in *this* case the CBA doesnt apply to new hires. Union has been on the phone with legal about this in the past. Although if you know something the experts don't, illaborate and I'll pass it on to my rep.

The CBA applies to all but may give less protection to the new hires. If your legal is telling them something different then you need new legal.

In collective bargaining individuals give up their individual rights in exchange for bargaining as a group. The company is not free to give certain individuals things that are outside of the CBA. If they were then they would just choose their friends and pay them as they desire. The Company would then refuse to bargain in good faith and eventually let the union go on strike or lock them out. They could then eliminate the union.

The union and company are free to bargain. If the company needs to raise new hire pay to get pilots it needs to go to the union. The company cannot go outside the CBA and give bonus' to new pilots to come work for them without going to the union.

If anyone goes there thinking they have a path to Delta that is superior to those more senior he will be disapointed.

Anything payments outside the CBA needs to go to court an get an injunction.

The CBA applies to all but may give less protection to the new hires. If your legal is telling them something different then you need new legal.

In collective bargaining individuals give up their individual rights in exchange for bargaining as a group. The company is not free to give certain individuals things that are outside of the CBA. If they were then they would just choose their friends and pay them as they desire. The Company would then refuse to bargain in good faith and eventually let the union go on strike or lock them out. They could then eliminate the union.

The union and company are free to bargain. If the company needs to raise new hire pay to get pilots it needs to go to the union. The company cannot go outside the CBA and give bonus' to new pilots to come work for them without going to the union.

If anyone goes there thinking they have a path to Delta that is superior to those more senior he will be disapointed.

No I think our legal is fine no matter how much bravado you fake.

Not quite. The way they get around it is by making the offer prior to employment at at the airline. Other airlines have gotten around the collective bargaining requirement for newhire bonuses in the same way. Make the payment or the job offer to mainline before the newhire's class date starts at the regional, and they aren't a member of the collective bargaining unit yet, so the CBA doesn't apply. If they were making the offer for a Delta number AFTER the pilot started class at Endeavor, different story. But since the number is being given prior to employment, the CBA doesn't apply.

could a membership put to a vote?" anyone with a conditional job offer at another company must disclose such offer and will be required to put in 2 month notice? 3 month notice .. or whatever. Otherwise will not be allowed to be a part of the union, in effect not being able to fly

Oh and I think our union's legal reps suck. JS actually had the nerve to say to me that I was wrong in my opinion of the quality of life of a pilot on reserve now, compared to when I was at Mesaba 7-8 years ago. Really Jane? Really? You bragged about all the hard work that you did, called me a liar (that my opinion was not based on facts) and yet failed to use your insight that you were arguing with someone who has spent the better part of 11 years on reserve! That our own legal reps seem to know our own QOL better than we do. Idiots. Plain and simple-no respect for the job they are not doing in protecting my contract, my QOL, my seniority?..Everything. Our MEC keeps giving LOA's away and losing any position of strength we could gain by refusing LOA's. I do not know who is worse, Endeavor or its union leadership.

Latest resources

Back