• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor can't fill a class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boeing gets direct and indirect subsidies now....I think MD and every other manufacturer did, also.

No foreigner can fly in the US without a passport or a green card. I have no problem with someone flying here with the legal right to work.

All American resident's ancestors, at some point, came here from some other continent or island.

Aside from not filling classes; heard a rumor of 9e management telling DL that they won't be able to staff a good amount of flying they want us to do. Anyone hear anything? I'm sure this is no big shocker.

Based on my research, it's not that they CAN'T, it's that they CHOOSE NOT TO. There are many apps on file. They aren't even bothering to call them (yes they meet the mins, no I have no clue why anyone would apply here) There is something fishy going on and it smells worse than dirty hooker coochie.

Based on my research, it's not that they CAN'T, it's that they CHOOSE NOT TO. There are many apps on file. They aren't even bothering to call them (yes they meet the mins, no I have no clue why anyone would apply here) There is something fishy going on and it smells worse than dirty hooker coochie.

You are probably right. Nice analogy.

What does that smell like?

Bingo!

Created: 02/28/2014 1:26 AM WHEC.com
A government watchdog says it's not clear there is a shortage of airline pilots even though regional airlines have reported difficulty find enough pilots to hire.

The Government Accountability Office, which spent a year studying the issue, says the U.S. airline industry will need to hire 1,900 to 4,500 new pilots annually over the next 10 years.

According to a draft of the GAO report obtained by The Associated Press, there is pool of over 100,000 active pilots not currently working for airlines that carriers might be able to draw from.

The GAO says 11 out of 12 regional airlines have not been able to meet their hiring targets this year, but no major airlines have had similar difficulties. Major airlines generally pay significantly higher salaries than regional carriers.

Latest resources

Back