• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor can't fill a class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Late reply to earlier in this thread but... I no showed a RAH class myself, but that was 6 years ago :) they were telling me they planned to hire 1,000 that year. Funny stuff

Late reply to earlier in this thread but... I no showed a RAH class myself, but that was 6 years ago :) they were telling me they planned to hire 1,000 that year. Funny stuff

e8uqypev.jpg

Heard that a 9E pilot expressed concern about pilot hiring and retention and how he wasn't happy about the new wage caps, and some higher up in mgt basically said "you're still here, don't like it, then go..."

He does have a point. Like Mesa's CEO about 10 yrs ago, if pilots are showing up to class, I'm paying them too much.

Not much you can do on black ice. I'm a former 9E pilot - live near ATL and saw it on the ATL news. I miss JFK and the good crews we had. Different place now...just a couple of yrs later.

But one of my JFK buddies (displaced from ATL 900 FO) was telling me that CP was being displaced to DTW. JFK used to be the junior base.

It will be again, but for now it was basically cut in half with the 200 base completely closing and the 900 base being much smaller to start with. Word is when everything is all finished shuffling though, between LGA and JFK, that will be about 55% of all the company. MSP will again be very senior and DTW will be rather senior as well.

for FO's?.

MSP is apparently the junior base now.

But if you are a 15 year 900 captain (XJ) you are doing ready reserve 3 times a week. Then again, if you are a 7 year 900 captain (colgan) you are holding a nice line with weekends off.

Yes, I guess I am still a little bitter. ALpO can go take a flying leap. They should have a disclaimer at your Date OF Hire (DOH) when you get your seniority number that your hire date and seniority number can be negotiated away and given to someone else that has yet to be hired yet and in the future just might not have any airplanes left in the fleet but will be getting a better schedule and more pay because some idiot union and their mediator think they have more career expectations-with no planes and less time at the company???done being bitter.

But if you are a 15 year 900 captain (XJ) you are doing ready reserve 3 times a week. Then again, if you are a 7 year 900 captain (colgan) you are holding a nice line with weekends off.

Yes, I guess I am still a little bitter. ALpO can go take a flying leap. They should have a disclaimer at your Date OF Hire (DOH) when you get your seniority number that your hire date and seniority number can be negotiated away and given to someone else that has yet to be hired yet and in the future just might not have any airplanes left in the fleet but will be getting a better schedule and more pay because some idiot union and their mediator think they have more career expectations-with no planes and less time at the company???done being bitter.

I hear ya, it's hard to let that one go.

It will be real interesting when Bloch releases his interpretation. Can you imagine the crapstorm if he rules that the DRC was incorrect and the Colgan guys should have been displaced before the Pinnacle and Mesaba ones?

Still scratching my head with the D!ckblach sham award. Never going to get over it until my arse moves on out. Ten years gives you ready reserve, 11 days off, and a terrible commute. ALPA should be paying to positive space my arse to and from work. Rant over!

So was he jumping to Paris or Rio? I thought you only bid international trips. Or did you just get caught in ANOTHER lie?

Hi ding-a-ling. This shows you are an ASA pilot. The 767ER does BOTH domestic and INTL flying, and I do some domestic, especially on greenslips. I am senior in category, and get greenslips often. You are at ASA (now Expressjet), and obviously don't know how it works at mainline, and I doubt you will ever get the chance. Good night night idiot!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back