Endeavor can't fill a class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suupah

Friend tells me of a group of 34 only 3 are now in class. Phwaaaaaa ha ha ha!!

On a serious note, I hope their cranial rectal inversion ends soon and they give you guys some relief in the pay department since clearly they're way under market

Yup, they got a whopping 3 suckers. And as for more pay, senior management has made it VERY clear that there will not be ANY pay increases. If we can't staff planes, they will be parked. If we can staff 200 with the current contract, that's how many we will have. If we can only staff 50 at the current rate, that's all we will have. There will be no pay increases. I say we should let them staff 1.

Friend tells me of a group of 34 only 3 are now in class.

I wouldn't dispute what you were told since I'm in no position to dispute it. But so far, it seems the things heard about regionals with interview no-shows, class slots unfilled, low numbers of applications on file, etc. are just anecdotal.

To your knowledge, has any airline management yet said anything like this publicly ? Might not be something they'd like to admit but getting it right from the source would make it more...shall we say...interesting to watch.

I wouldn't dispute what you were told since I'm in no position to dispute it. But so far, it seems the things heard about regionals with interview no-shows, class slots unfilled, low numbers of applications on file, etc. are just anecdotal.

To your knowledge, has any airline management yet said anything like this publicly ? Might not be something they'd like to admit but getting it right from the source would make it more...shall we say...interesting to watch.

If a statement like this could publicly be attributed to management it would guarantee they would never fill a class. Ergo - you probably won't see them quoted. In the grand scheme of Delta's 800 mainline AC world 125 50 seat AC are an after thought. If Delta can't operate them at the cost they want they will park them. If oil stays at its current price expect that. Alpena and Bemidji might lose air carrier service. Republic has already notified DAL they will not operate 50 seat AC for them after 2015. Is ASA going to lose all their DAL paint 50 seat RJ's? Probably. They are too expensive for DAL. The real question is will Endeavor even be able to staff their 900's in 2015.

An analyst on CNBC yesterday advised people to short SkyWest and Republic because of the new hiring rules and fatigue rules and how they will affect future earnings. I have a few friends at Republic and they have stated similar numbers at newhire classes, in the single digits, show up. The Regional Airlines are going to have to give out retention bonuses or sign up bonuses to attract anyone. One of the guys I know at Republic said he got a referral fee for referring a friend, and it was something like $500 for the E170/75 and $1000 for the Dash-8-400. Those guys at Republic need a new contract regardless.

Bye Bye---General Lee

It is 3. There were four but the fourth guy figured out there was no way he could upgrade in three years if this airline couldnt staff up so he did what any intelligent person did and made up a family excuse to leave.

There is a picture with four but hes a LOA return apparently.

Endeavor will be the best run and fastest shrinking regional of all time starting end of march or early april. Enjoy the show.

It is 3. There were four but the fourth guy figured out there was no way he could upgrade in three years if this airline couldnt staff up so he did what any intelligent person did and made up a family excuse to leave.

There is a picture with four but hes a LOA return apparently.

Endeavor will be the best run and fastest shrinking regional of all time starting end of march or early april. Enjoy the show.

1. You are a couple weeks behind. 2. The "family" excuse was OMG legit(he went direct to an ICU). 3. In either case, we can't fill classes of 30 (planned).

"Fly what you can staff" is replacing "simply the best, bust less than average".

Last edited:
1. You are a couple weeks behind. 2. The "family" excuse was OMG legit(he went direct to an ICU). 3. In either case, we can't fill classes of 30 (planned).

"Fly what you can staff" is replacing "simply the best, bust less than average".

Well that sucks he had to fake an ICU visit.

Honestly though I hope he and his family are fine.

Couple weeks behind on what homey? The class started a few weeks ago but the thread was started today.

Latest resources

Back