• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Endeavor can't fill a class!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta has forced your hand and provided your best impetus to move on. Hopefully the pilots of Endeavor will continue to find a better place to go, and we can be done with this pariah of the regional industry when they "Comair" it. It was quite disgusting the hand you were dealt by Delta, however we cannot overlook how you took the bait, and as a result dealt the rest of us a terrible blow in maintaining an acceptable leverage at the table for negotiations. It is, and will continue to be hard to forget how you sold us down the river.

Everyone, XJT, Eagle, RAH, AirWilly, etc must from this point forward, stand up to the mainline carriers and declare that enough is enough. We will not fly for food stamp levels of remuneration as a starting point in a career as airline pilots. They (Mainline partners) have to invest some of the vast profits gained from the regional employees hard work and dedication to safely delivering THEIR customers to their connections in the thousands! Small communities throughout this great nation depend on us to provide reliable, safe and dependable air service, and generally we all do a damn good job with that considering the complexity of our operations.

I also don't buy into the idea of 50 seaters being unprofitable. A 50 seater may be "inefficient" these days due to oil prices, but any airplane can be profitable if you set the fares properly! For heavens sake, if you need the convenience of a flight out of podunk city USA, should you not be paying a bit more? Sometimes I think these revenue managers are missing the target completely. They would be better doing a case study of Burger King, and maybe learn something.

We in the regional sector have a vital and important role in air travel, and many highly dedicated and experienced employees to do the job. Mainlines must stop beating the regionals to death, and step up to the plate. We deserve better, period.

Anyone with an ounce of fiscal sense can see that a six figure investment for training to begin at the entry level in this job is just crazy. Unless Mom and Pop are going to pony up.....why burden yourself? Pilot shortage? Its coming fast, and I hope it provides a big wakeup call to the likes of Smisek and RA. You guys can address the regional problem now, or face the trickle down effect later yourselves. Oh, and in other news, I'm sure your DL NYC employees are really grateful for their $1.10 raise....BFD!

WHAT A JOKE.

I expect the all knowing Gen to spout his worthless wisdom in a few seconds....as soon as he finishes the next approach on FlightSim of course! But of course, nobody can debate an issue except him.

And it seems "you're" the one who cannot spell either!

This is a fragment, consider revising. See: coordinating conjunction.

Seriously though, I apologize for my grammar. I have brought great dishonor to my family name. Ohh, the Jerichos used to be "such doge", now it's all slipping away (slipped a meme in there for you toots).

Delta has forced your hand and provided your best impetus to move on. Hopefully the pilots of Endeavor will continue to find a better place to go, and we can be done with this pariah of the regional industry when they "Comair" it. It was quite disgusting the hand you were dealt by Delta, however we cannot overlook how you took the bait, and as a result dealt the rest of us a terrible blow in maintaining an acceptable leverage at the table for negotiations. It is, and will continue to be hard to forget how you sold us down the river.

Everyone, XJT, Eagle, RAH, AirWilly, etc must from this point forward, stand up to the mainline carriers and declare that enough is enough. We will not fly for food stamp levels of remuneration as a starting point in a career as airline pilots. They (Mainline partners) have to invest some of the vast profits gained from the regional employees hard work and dedication to safely delivering THEIR customers to their connections in the thousands! Small communities throughout this great nation depend on us to provide reliable, safe and dependable air service, and generally we all do a damn good job with that considering the complexity of our operations.

I also don't buy into the idea of 50 seaters being unprofitable. A 50 seater may be "inefficient" these days due to oil prices, but any airplane can be profitable if you set the fares properly! For heavens sake, if you need the convenience of a flight out of podunk city USA, should you not be paying a bit more? Sometimes I think these revenue managers are missing the target completely. They would be better doing a case study of Burger King, and maybe learn something.

We in the regional sector have a vital and important role in air travel, and many highly dedicated and experienced employees to do the job. Mainlines must stop beating the regionals to death, and step up to the plate. We deserve better, period.

Anyone with an ounce of fiscal sense can see that a six figure investment for training to begin at the entry level in this job is just crazy. Unless Mom and Pop are going to pony up.....why burden yourself? Pilot shortage? Its coming fast, and I hope it provides a big wakeup call to the likes of Smisek and RA. You guys can address the regional problem now, or face the trickle down effect later yourselves. Oh, and in other news, I'm sure your DL NYC employees are really grateful for their $1.10 raise....BFD!

WHAT A JOKE.

I expect the all knowing Gen to spout his worthless wisdom in a few seconds....as soon as he finishes the next approach on FlightSim of course! But of course, nobody can debate an issue except him.

I hope you give the mainline guys the same shots for their BK concessions.

Oh I agree. Endeavour pilots sold out many other regionals, but most were actually in belief that the airline was on the way out!! Trust me, many Mesaba 00-04 hires are having a really hard time with this. Crap contract, ridiculous seniority #, multiple bankruptcies including base closures. Not looking for any sympathy, but some have been in the game for 10 plus years and we're trying to buy time.....that's about it. Still disappointed with all of us, but the bankruptcy did not make this situation any easier, and ALPA can suck it!

I hope you give the mainline guys the same shots for their BK concessions.

I believe we did that when we welcomed furloughed guys with open arms. We count on support also and it is very much appreciated. Its people like GL who think they are god's gift to aviation we have issue with. Pilots, mainline or otherwise are not the issue here, rather the untenable treatment by management at the flag carrier level of the regional companies in forcing cuts that result in drastic implications for fellow pilots and their families at the bottom. A bit like the food pyramid in nature I guess.

I would see a job at big-D as a great thing personally. I wish I was there, however following an invite more than a decade ago, some really strange shenanigans came to be. With the letter from DL came instructions to send my degree (not a copy) to a law office in Miami for validation. Perhaps a British BSc is not equivalent to a US college. Who knows? I was then contacted to send a photocopy of my passport, and front and back of a credit card (for a validation fee) to Miami for processing. Weird or not?
Guess what happens next. Mustafa and his sally rags hit us with 4 airplanes that September, and it all falls apart for the next decade.
That was the end of it. Now, many of my colleagues are in the same boat, established at a regional, earning $110k plus per year happy (or not).
General, please help me.

I believe we did that when we welcomed furloughed guys with open arms.
The term shots referenced shots across the bow, or shots fired.
We count on support also and it is very much appreciated. Its people like GL who think they are god's gift to aviation we have issue with. Pilots, mainline or otherwise are not the issue here, rather the untenable treatment by management at the flag carrier level of the regional companies in forcing cuts that result in drastic implications for fellow pilots and their families at the bottom. A bit like the food pyramid in nature I guess.
Well if pilots aren't the issue, your words, you certainly should listen to yourself and leave the bashing for management. I didn't ask to be bought by a broke airline throwing a "hail mary" and I certainly didn't want a second concessionary contract, but I wasn't consulted. Republic and Gojets can take heart though, Endeavor's contract is still better, and theirs isn't concessionary. So that's at least two airlines who should make out better next time around.

I don't know if you're just having a bad day or what, but your being a ******************************, and I'm embarrassed for you. Just be a human being, you'll thank yourself later.

Oh I agree. Endeavour pilots sold out many other regionals, but most were actually in belief that the airline was on the way out!! Trust me, many Mesaba 00-04 hires are having a really hard time with this. Crap contract, ridiculous seniority #, multiple bankruptcies including base closures. Not looking for any sympathy, but some have been in the game for 10 plus years and we're trying to buy time.....that's about it. Still disappointed with all of us, but the bankruptcy did not make this situation any easier, and ALPA can suck it!

It was a BK and we were all right to believe facts. You may want to Monday quarterback a little but be realistic, no one had a crystalball. You didn't cross a picket line. We didn't become the new Delta flag regional, XJT wasnt shut down as a result. We did exactly as advertised, live to fight another day.

I'm sorry the industry is contracting, no one wants that, but you can't wish reality away. If the industry contracts and mainline holds on to scope, we've all got a shot to move on. BK sucks, but it's a part of life. Feeling guilty about it is no way to live.

I think you misunderstand. Management is who I direct my disdain at. All pilots deserve fair pay for what is a very responsible job. Unfortunately, some are prepared to accept less.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back