Emirates to recruit 700 pilots next 18 months

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

My buddy posted...they are getting a LOT of applicatons....BUT, most of them are furloughees or unemployed pilots, and they don't want either. Want 12 mos jet current when class starts, EVEN if you're in the pool! Getting more and more desperate, and new plane orders to be made shortly!

Just sent emails out to many in the application process, to invite them to info sessions in the US.

cliff
LFW

the others seem to be happy, specially the single guys living in the buildings with the Cabin Crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, if I ever did go over there for this job it'd be as a non-married guy -- your post helps me think that there are still good gigs out there in the middle east?!

Would an american major airline look down on someone who went there now, lets say at a young age (25) and tried to get back later in life? Right now I'm a 25 year old FO at a regional and wouldn't mind going over there for a bit, but I'd like to eventually come back to the States. Would most majors look down on it? Thanks for the advice.

Do you think the Majors care about you right now?
If you get the Opportunity to work for that airline, go for it. Get the international experience.

The Thread should change to Emirates to recruit 702 pilots next 18 month as 2 of my friend just quit....One Capt and one FO...you got to love it when widebody Capt leave....

The Thread should change to Emirates to recruit 702 pilots next 18 month as 2 of my friend just quit....One Capt and one FO...you got to love it when widebody Capt leave....

Where do they go? Other expat positions (i.e., Korean)? Or do they return to the States and look for the few jobs available here?

Very few widebody expat captains would return to the USA to work. I would be pretty surprised if even 1 has over the last 5 years.

It isn't like they would go back to a right seat job at UAL.

Where do they go? Other expat positions (i.e., Korean)? Or do they return to the States and look for the few jobs available here?

There are a LOT of opportunities abroad right now if you have heavy wide body PIC time. which is one thing that surprises me about the job at EK degrading to a point where most guys are looking for alternatives, they actually have places to go and I think EK will have a very hard time recruiting folks with experience, most of the guys applying now barely meet the minimums

It isn't like they would go back to a right seat job at UAL.

I'm certainly not

Last edited:
There are a LOT of opportunities abroad right now if you have heavy wide body PIC time. which is one thing that surprises me about the job at EK degrading to a point where most guys are looking for alternatives, they actually have places to go and I think EK will have a very hard time recruiting folks with experience, most of the guys applying now barely meet the minimums

I'm certainly not

As a matter of interest, how do you deduct that most guys are looking for alternatives.

Surely not from the 5-10 guys on flightinfo and the 20-30 on Pprune.

There are 2370 of us.

f.

Latest resources

Back