Emirates Open Day in the States

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cmrflyer said:
About a year and a half ago Ek gave pay raises, but only to locals.
EK is almost as bad as GF, and that is really sad.

:confused:

I'm not a local and I got an 8% raise last year. That was on top of the normal 3% increment.

In regards to the argument going on between fareview and Cpt. Underpants I'd have to say they are both correct. A CX A scale Captain probably makes 3 times what an EK Captain makes ( if you include housing ), but a new joiner at EK makes just over $60,000 first year ( not including housing ). I highly doubt a new joiner at Cathay is making $180,000.

TP

Hey TP, thanks again for all the good info, and for not getting dragged down by some of the nitwits on this board. I always apprciate the info you post. Cheers!
Coastinout

Yes, they get an SIC type rating on a UAE Certificate. It's a paperwork exercise at the FSDO to transfer the SIC rating to your FAA certificate.

TP

fv,

I am leaving Delta Air Lines after 7 years of being employed there because I will do better at CX than at DL (or Emirates). If you're really intersted in CX payscales, why don't you contact them directly? Your attacks on CU are unwarranted and tell of your character or lack thereof. There are many resources at your disposal to seek the information you want...google is an amazing search engine. Try this link for starters. First year pay on the freighter in USD is $70K-$80K. No charge for me doing your homework for you. :)

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/international/cathay-pacific-20051029178.htm

I wouldn't leave DL mainline for CX, unless you are furloughed. At least take a leave of absence from Delta, if you are at all able to do something like that. Pay is only a small piece of the puzzle, the grass isn't always greener, no matter how brown your own lawn may first appear!

Wolf King said:
I wouldn't leave DL mainline for CX, unless you are furloughed. At least take a leave of absence from Delta, if you are at all able to do something like that. Pay is only a small piece of the puzzle, the grass isn't always greener, no matter how brown your own lawn may first appear!
Wolf,

DAL wouldn't grant me a leave. I tried that gambit before I eventually resigned last fall. The ATL chief pilot told me that my leave request had been denied because of the training events that would result. I have to suppose that simply by having me resign, no training would be required to backfill my slot. You just gotta love that Hooterville logic...

In talking with my buds that are still hanging on at Delta, I get the impression that the lawn -along with the house, cars, boats, and golf carts - has burned-up completely and that it's getting very tough to stay.

I think that Cathay has a lot to offer someone who wants to keep flying. Furthermore, the work rules and environment at "good" foreign carriers might be light years ahead of what the US majors have degenerated to. Flying international freight would hold much greater appeal for me than did 5-leg MD-88 days, which invariably include an ATL "airport appreciation" and eight hours at the BHM airport Holiday Inn.

I've been gone six months and am happier, healthier, and am enjoying life with my family more now outside of aviation than I ever did while flying. And I have, by far, the greenest lawn in my neighborhood.

Cheers, and best to all.

Felix

22 years of professional flying now mortgaged for my dreamshot - law school...

Latest resources

Back