• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The whole thing has hardly been mentioned on this side, so I'm not sure how worried SWAPA is. If they are, it isn't showing.

I agree with it being over. Let's move on.

SWA says it will stick to the transition timeline...if they can't or don't and 717s remain in service post 1/15 SWAPA will grieve it...

Depends on your perspective...the point is the DRC is not as important to SWAPA as the company's intent/ability to meet the 1/15 deadline...

Depends on your perspective...the point is the DRC is not as important to SWAPA as the company's intent/ability to meet the 1/15 deadline...

Company has weekend ground school "Knights" remaining AT Pilots into SWA Pilots and tells SWAPA - "Whew! We met the deadline! All Pilots are now SWA/SWAPA Pilots."

That was not the case when SLI 10 was voted on, one could argue that SLI 10 should be renegotiated based on the sale of the 717 when SWA was telling us before the vote closed that the 717 were staying. I'll gladly take my chances with a neutral arbitrator and accept any decision.

Absolutely wrong. There are multiple mentions of 717 fleet reductions in SL10. If you chose to ignore those provisions, you did so at your own peril. From SL10:

"After December 31, 2014, AirTran pilots whose seat positions are eliminated by the reduction of the reductions of the B717 fleet will bid system seniority for their new assignment."

"Q. In the event that B717's are replaced with different aircraft, will B717 captains keep their captain seats?

A. AirTran pilots whose seat position is eliminated by reduction of the B717 fleet will bid system seniority for their new assignment. (27.F.2.)"

The 717's are being replaced in the SWA fleet, they are being replaced with 737's. Some are coming from the transition of former AT 73's and some are being replaced with SWA 737's that were previously scheduled for retirement.

Why would you even post that? It talks about the 717 going away after 31 DEC 2014, not before. Brother we all knew the plane was going away. The 717 lease schedule is tattooed to our forearms. The plane is leaving ahead of schedule. That's what this is all about. It screws us and your FO's. Notice the Q&A's doesn't say "after 31DEC2014 displaced 717 pilots can bid what their system seniority can hold, this will exclude 737 Captain seats because these have been secured through a MOU you know nothing about". This thing will run its course and that will be that.

Last edited:
Why would you even post that? It talks about the 717 going away after 31 DEC 2014, not before. Brother we all knew the plane was going away. The 717 lease schedule is tattooed to our forearms. The plane is leaving ahead of schedule. That's what this is all about. It screws us and your FO's. This thing will run its course and that will be that.

The Q and A section mentions nothing about dates, it only mentions what will happen if the 717 is replaced with "different" aircraft. It was a direct response to fletch717, that was directly quoted by me. He states that: "That was not the case when SLI 10 was voted on, one could argue that SLI 10 should be renegotiated based on the sale of the 717 when SWA was telling us before the vote closed that the 717 were staying." That is the reason for my quotes from the document, I don't believe his assertion to be correct.

"Q. In the event that B717's are replaced with different aircraft, will B717 captains keep their captain seats?

A. AirTran pilots whose seat position is eliminated by reduction of the B717 fleet will bid system seniority for their new assignment. (27.F.2.)"

Where in the agreement does it state SWA has to keep the 717 on the property until after 31DEC14?...nobody really benefits by the 717 going away early...can SWAPA sue SWA for the overstaffing and reduced line totals as a result of the early departure of the 717?

Your airline was bought and changed ...but no jobs are being lost and given the differences in career expectations.no arbitrator will agree that AAI pilots are being harmed, after all your in the airline biz. Turning down SL9 won't help your case either.

Latest resources

Back