• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
don't forget the part about "after being deceived by SWA and having a gun put to their head by GK"!

You guys should have called his bluff? or did you already, and it didn't work?

Any photos of that gun Dan? Thought not.

Come on score, you know that was a figure of speech. Look, I get it, SWA acquired AirTran, They just didn't do it in the way GK initially said would make both sides proud. They simply did what was best for them and didn't set any example to be proud of.

Yup it's pretty clear that you are the most arrogant guy on the forum.
You hate facts. Sorry about that chump. You're right, everything is wonderful, nothing to worry about. Bubba knows all.
Maybe you should try a career as a fortune teller, you know everything at least for those that want to read your drivel.

Really? -I'm- the most arrogant guy on the forum? Good one.

All I said was that no one was going to get furloughed. How dastardly arrogant indeed. I hate facts? What exact facts are you referring to? You have facts that say anyone's getting furloughed? Bring 'em on. Because nobody else seems to know about it. NOBODY besides you and Ghettobeechjet, that is. He's been crying furlough for years. He must be as "happy and optimistic" as you obviously are.

The only thing you mentioned that is close to a fact, is that the company is slow to transition. "Since they can't train 1185 Airtran guys by the end of 2014, then it obviously means furlough!" How are those two things related? I never said that "Bubba knows all," but it's pretty obvious that YOU don't know crap about Southwest Airlines.

Should you be prepared for bad things in life? Absolutely. Be prepared for a medical emergency. Be prepared for financial crises of ANY sort. Be prepared for a hurricane, tornado or earthquake (depending on where you live). Be prepared for whatever you can. But you are throwing the word "furlough" around, with no logical basis, just to make your situation seem worse, or to garner sympathy or something. Like I said, nobody's buying your sob story.

Bubba

But you are throwing the word "furlough" around, with no logical basis, just to make your situation seem worse, or to garner sympathy or something. Like I said, nobody's buying your sob story.

exactly....

From what I've seen here from the sidelines without any emotion invested in the deal..... The jist of the whole debate on here is the AirTran pilots seem to just be making a case that they wanted to be treated fairly while the SWA pilots have been very belittling towards them and basically telling them how lucky they are.

Hey Dan,

The problem here is that you DO have emotion invested here. You've even mentioned it. You work for a smaller carrier that has the potential to be acquired, putting you in Airtran's place. That's why you always take the Airtran side of any Airtran-Southwest argument.

For example, your post above. All you see is Airtran pilots being victims while Southwest pilots being belittling. That's ALL you can see, every single time. Does that happen sometimes? Sure. There are insensitive, and arrogant people on all sides of any argument. But Airtran has its share of hotheads as well. Airtran people are just as likely to say stupid or hurtful things annonymously as Southwest people are. You just don't see it, because you see yourself in their place. All you see, as you said above, is the Southwest blowhards and no one else.

You see that "the Airtran pilots to just be making a case that they wanted to be treated fairly..." (Actually, the jist is that they're saying that they weren't treated fairly, because they didn't get enough) Well, who says they weren't treated fairly? Besides pretty much every pilot with an opinion, that is. Folks on both sides disagree with that statement. That's pretty much the case with any SLI list. Everybody wanted more than they got.

Anyway, you're entitled to you own opinion as well, just like every Airtran guy, every Southwest guy, the General, Bill Lumberg, and every other guy and gal on this forum with an annonymous name. Just don't pretend that you're the perfectly impartial outside observer. Outside observer you may be, but perfectly impartial, you are not.

Bubba

.. The jist of the whole debate on here is the AirTran pilots seem to just be making a case that they wanted to be treated fairly...

No Dan, the jist is what is the definition of "fairly". This will never end for many, that is the fact that we will live with for years to come.

Hey Dan,

The problem here is that you DO have emotion invested here. You've even mentioned it. You work for a smaller carrier that has the potential to be acquired, putting you in Airtran's place. That's why you always take the Airtran side of any Airtran-Southwest argument.

For example, your post above. All you see is Airtran pilots being victims while Southwest pilots being belittling. That's ALL you can see, every single time. Does that happen sometimes? Sure. There are insensitive, and arrogant people on all sides of any argument. But Airtran has its share of hotheads as well. Airtran people are just as likely to say stupid or hurtful things annonymously as Southwest people are. You just don't see it, because you see yourself in their place. All you see, as you said above, is the Southwest blowhards and no one else.

You see that "the Airtran pilots to just be making a case that they wanted to be treated fairly..." (Actually, the jist is that they're saying that they weren't treated fairly, because they didn't get enough) Well, who says they weren't treated fairly? Besides pretty much every pilot with an opinion, that is. Folks on both sides disagree with that statement. That's pretty much the case with any SLI list. Everybody wanted more than they got.

Anyway, you're entitled to you own opinion as well, just like every Airtran guy, every Southwest guy, the General, Bill Lumberg, and every other guy and gal on this forum with an annonymous name. Just don't pretend that you're the perfectly impartial outside observer. Outside observer you may be, but perfectly impartial, you are not.

Bubba

Bubba, I'll give you that. You are right and for the reason stated. The bottom line is mergers pretty much suck for everyone. i have a vested interest in seeing them be as troublesome as possible. You notice I don't get into the "other" SWA bashings on here. But I do follow the merger strings. Between you and me, if we hypothetically acquired someone else you guys would think what an arrogant ass I am (if you don't already!):)

Latest resources

Back