• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok... then if you did have some would they be doing "well"? Also, when you get over here (this side) there is a place on swalife where you can list them and advertise for employees to rent them (FYI).

SWA has a plan and it will stick to it..,we have seen what upsetting the plan can cost in this merger (SL9 vs SL10)...victory in negotiations with SWA is defined as not getting in the way of the plan while finding ways to share the potential success.

SWA has a plan and it will stick to it..,we have seen what upsetting the plan can cost in this merger (SL9 vs SL10)...victory in negotiations with SWA is defined as not getting in the way of the plan while finding ways to share the potential success.

Wow, not sure if that was Vince Lombardi or Yogi Berra?

Not that there is much of a chance of this happening....what if the DRC claim gets to arbitration and somehow the SLI agreement gets thrown out? What would GK or SWAPA do? It would be required to gotoarbitration in this unlikely scenario.

The list can't be changed even if the DRC moves forward. It's written into the agreement.

So it really can't be 'thrown out'. It stands by itself.

The DRC CANNOT overturn the SLI, what it could do is pay protect all the folks awarded 717CA and might award displacement rights. It could also transfer the 717CA seats to 737CA seats but that conflicts with other statements elsewhere in agreement. That could trigger a DRC from SWAPA. It is going to be more muddy before it becomes more clear.

Phred

So an arbitrator could award SWA 737 seats/pay to AAI 717 CPs out of SLI seniority order?

Sounds like a Redo of SL10...the argument for/against this possibility will be whether SWA had the right to change its plans for the 717 post SL10.

SWAPA could argue that AAI is bringing fewer seats to the table and the SLI should reflect that fact....

Better to let it go...

So an arbitrator could award SWA 737 seats/pay to AAI 717 CPs out of SLI seniority order?

Sounds like a Redo of SL10...the argument for/against this possibility will be whether SWA had the right to change its plans for the 717 post SL10.

SWAPA could argue that AAI is bringing fewer seats to the table and the SLI should reflect that fact....

Better to let it go...

That was not the case when SLI 10 was voted on, one could argue that SLI 10 should be renegotiated based on the sale of the 717 when SWA was telling us before the vote closed that the 717 were staying. I'll gladly take my chances with a neutral arbitrator and accept any decision.

Why not. Hardly anything is being done in seniority order anyway. It would not protect current 717CAs, only those awarded 717CA in the transition bid. That bid was done in (OAT) seniority order. It could be argued that they had a reasonable expectation to be a CA on 1/1/2015 and therefore should be compensated now that the company decided to divest itself of the 717.

I really do not know what an arbitrator would pull out of his butt. It could be nothing. I do think there will be an "award" of some type but there is almost no telling what it could be. The only thing I know the arbitrator cannot do is scrap the combined seniority order.

The rumor on this side is that SWAPA is really concerned about this DRC. I think the exact quote is "really scared that we will win it" without defining what a "win" will look like. I think it is comical the ALPO chest thumping lately and the crew room antics by maxblast and her concubines. I am ready for all this crap to over like yesterday...

Phred

Latest resources

Back