• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
then there are other examples.... ask the Challenge Air Cargo Pilots how it felt when UPS bought their 757s and took NO PILOTS.

Ahh, I get it! Moral of the story: Be happy we didn't fire your a$$. And welcome to the family, dear bros and siss!

The examples you present dont seem to reflect GK early statements when he said that this merger will set the example how smooth and fair all workgroups will get integrated.

I doubt anyone will look at AT/SWA merger for guidance in the future. May be how to avoid it.

I also believe that there should be laws that wouldn't allow a company to purchase another company and do whatever they wish. It would make total financial sense to fire everyone, and then re-interview all the employees back.

Here are some advantages:
- You wouldn't have to deal with longevity, because everyone would start from year 1. Huge financial savings.
- No seniority issues. Your own employees would be exctatic
- You get rid of trouble makers, those who stir up the pot. So Brit pilot wouldn't make the cut. Problem solved!

But is that legal? Would you want to be employed knowing that all your life achievements could evaporate in a heartbeat? How would you feel if AirChina would acquire SW and do that when you have 15-20 years of seniority with the company.

Watching from the sidelines, it always amazed me this sense of arrogance and self-entitlement from SW pilots. "We dont like DL/NW comparison, so let's use SW/ATA. See Airtran, you should be happy now! You won the lottery, dont you see it". That's the mentality.

I doubt anyone will look at AT/SWA merger for guidance in the future. May be how to avoid it.

Maybe Pilots want to avoid what happened, but from a management view it was a homerun. He got the list combined and it cost him little if nothing.

I also believe that there should be laws that wouldn't allow a company to purchase another company and do whatever they wish. It would make total financial sense to fire everyone, and then re-interview all the employees back.

Here are some advantages:
- You wouldn't have to deal with longevity, because everyone would start from year 1. Huge financial savings.
- No seniority issues. Your own employees would be exctatic
- You get rid of trouble makers, those who stir up the pot. So Brit pilot wouldn't make the cut. Problem solved!

But is that legal? Would you want to be employed knowing that all your life achievements could evaporate in a heartbeat? How would you feel if AirChina would acquire SW and do that when you have 15-20 years of seniority with the company.

Watching from the sidelines, it always amazed me this sense of arrogance and self-entitlement from SW pilots. "We dont like DL/NW comparison, so let's use SW/ATA. See Airtran, you should be happy now! You won the lottery, dont you see it". That's the mentality

It happens all the time in NON UNION operations. People get fired and hired back as consultants. Or in CA they call people "part-time" and work them 39.5 hours a week, no benefits.

AAI wanted relative seniority we wanted staple...the list is neither but does grant SWA seniority to pilots from the smaller less desirable airline...at the expense of the RSW pilots ...now the ingrates are sueing their new company for more...

Why not?

It was a textbook acquisition and subsequent merger.

Both sides hate it, yet supported it with an 85% vote of approval.

Management got off cheap.

Can it get better than that?

Watching from the sidelines, it always amazed me this sense of arrogance and self-entitlement from SW pilots.

Tranny aren't arrogant at all, huh?

AAI wanted relative seniority we wanted staple...the list is neither but does grant SWA seniority to pilots from the smaller less desirable airline...at the expense of the RSW pilots ...now the ingrates are sueing their new company for more...

. . . . says the Ingrate who has recently upgraded into a Captain seat of an AirTran airplane. :erm:

Seriously, Jackie, after reading your posts on this forum for the past year, I have come to the conclusion that you really are suffering from some textbook psychoses. Get help, dude.

. . says the Ingrate who has recently upgraded into a Captain seat of an AirTran airplane. :erm:

As per the agreement voted on and approved by AirTran Pilots.

Tranny aren't arrogant at all, huh?

From what I've seen here from the sidelines without any emotion invested in the deal..... The jist of the whole debate on here is the AirTran pilots seem to just be making a case that they wanted to be treated fairly while the SWA pilots have been very belittling towards them and basically telling them how lucky they are.

Latest resources

Back