• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Email from Airtran MEC: Secret MOU between SWA and SWAPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The only thing you mentioned that is close to a fact, is that the company is slow to transition. "Since they can't train 1185 Airtran guys by the end of 2014, then it obviously means furlough!" How are those two things related? I never said that "Bubba knows all," but it's pretty obvious that YOU don't know crap about Southwest Airlines.

Bubba

OK, so what are they going to do with the pilots that will not be trained and have no aircraft to fly? YOU seem very confident that there will be no furloughs, why is that? Do you have a direct line to GK?

Not a "sob story" as you keep repeating, just my experience so far with this "merger".

YOU say being prepared is good and then call me pessimistic. I call it reality. I've been in the airline business over twenty years, I've seen what happens to those that don't prepare. Yet you think I should accept your OPINION that a furlough is out of the question. Thanks but I'm not buying that.
You say I'm trying to garner sympathy. Wrong again but feel free to keep posting that, maybe somebody will believe it.
You are correct by saying I know "crap" about SWA, that's because they don't tell us crap. The only time we get information is from a Flica message a couple times per year or during re-current ground school where we here "everything is going to plan" Only thing is, we don't know what that plan is
When I do ask them a question the standard answer is "We don't know yet" or "That hasn't been decided yet"
Yeah, that fills me with confidence.

OK, so what are they going to do with the pilots that will not be trained and have no aircraft to fly? YOU seem very confident that there will be no furloughs, why is that? Do you have a direct line to GK?

Not a "sob story" as you keep repeating, just my experience so far with this "merger".

YOU say being prepared is good and then call me pessimistic. I call it reality. I've been in the airline business over twenty years, I've seen what happens to those that don't prepare. Yet you think I should accept your OPINION that a furlough is out of the question. Thanks but I'm not buying that.
You say I'm trying to garner sympathy. Wrong again but feel free to keep posting that, maybe somebody will believe it.
You are correct by saying I know "crap" about SWA, that's because they don't tell us crap. The only time we get information is from a Flica message a couple times per year or during re-current ground school where we here "everything is going to plan" Only thing is, we don't know what that plan is
When I do ask them a question the standard answer is "We don't know yet" or "That hasn't been decided yet"

OK. We get it. You are right they will furlough. Feel better. Now if you do not have something new to say please stop you ranting. I cannot believe you have 20 years in the industry. That must mean you are in your 40's or possible 50's. Get a life like LEAR70 did.

How hard can it be to transition AAI pilots? They fly the same plane. And those on the 717, just send them to higher power aviation ;)

Where is Lear70? Hope he is ok.

Lear's doing fine . . . He just decided to stop frequenting this board. After the DT's wore off, he spent his new-found time building a quarter-scale replica of the Taj Mahal in his backyeard, re-shingled six of his neighbor's homes, and built a P-51 Mustang out of parts he bought on Ebay. :D

Ty, how are the vacation rentals? Is that all you have is vacation style rentals? Do you have any Single Family Homes with long term rentals?

Ty, how are the vacation rentals? Is that all you have is vacation style rentals? Do you have any Single Family Homes with long term rentals?

Ty's just a broke-ass Airline Pilot . . . . he can't afford to own no beachhouses, Foo'! ;)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back