• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle: The real deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont really feel like paying $5 right now for eagle lounge. Quick question though, what are my chances at getting PR as a base? If I dont get PR, or can be reasonably assured I could bid into it within 6 months, I'll look for another company (seaborne)

Andrew

Okay well, it's evident captain upgrade will still be slow, but how about transitions to the ERJ/CRJ? I don't see how I could afford to live on the turboprop FO pay for 5-7 years. How quick can you transition to the jets? Is the airlinepilotcentral.com AE payscale up-to-date?

g

Eagle will shrink in the future. The 44 and 37 seaters are doomed. Once they are parked and the flowbacks leave, there will still be no movement. Only hope is getting a new larger aircraft on property. My belief is that this isn't going to happen at least not in this decade. Wouldn't be surprised either to see AMR try to outsource more flying to less junior (i.e. cheaper) companies. Should be fun ot watch. Lots of changes coming in the industry.

How hard is it to get a job with AA when you work for AE? Is it a flow through? Or do they not give you any special treatment?

No preferential treatment, but you do get ignored for free when walking by them in the terminal. It's not that they don't notice you, it's that they try so hard to act like they don't.

Letter 3 (the flowthrough/flowback debacle) dies this spring, and so too does the flowthrough to AA.

Eagle will shrink in the future. The 44 and 37 seaters are doomed. Once they are parked and the flowbacks leave, there will still be no movement. Only hope is getting a new larger aircraft on property. My belief is that this isn't going to happen at least not in this decade. Wouldn't be surprised either to see AMR try to outsource more flying to less junior (i.e. cheaper) companies. Should be fun ot watch. Lots of changes coming in the industry.

Anything is possible, but this is unlikely. Don't you people get tired of spreading doom theories? Pick any regional out there and someone will tell you it's just a matter of time before they fold, but out of all of the regionals I'd wager that Eagle isn't going anywhere.

Okay well, it's evident captain upgrade will still be slow, but how about transitions to the ERJ/CRJ? I don't see how I could afford to live on the turboprop FO pay for 5-7 years. How quick can you transition to the jets? Is the airlinepilotcentral.com AE payscale up-to-date?

g

The seat lock is one year. I've heard of guys going to training earlier but no guarantee.

Here's the most recent pay scale for FO's from the company website.

Years of Service / Turboprop / Turbojet

1. $23.51 $23.51
  2. $25.27 $31.77
  3. $28.15 $34.49
  4. $31.05 $36.20
  5. $32.49 $37.12
  6. $33.93 $37.74
  7. $34.37 $38.22
  8. $34.92 $38.87

Labbat's,

I never said Eagle is going away. I don't believe that. However I do believe upgrades are going to be around 10 years on the jet for the foreseeable future.

Remember, keep your expectation low, then anything better is a pleasent surprise.

10 years? Man I hope not.

Growth will be slow, I agree, but the hiring freeze from 9/11/2001 until almost 3 years later will speed up the upgrades after that last captain from pre-9/11 gets upgraded. That will drop the captain time-to-upgrade down three years from that point.

I got hired in fall 2004 and if I had to guess at when I'll upgrade, I'd say I could hold a Saab captain sometime in 2008. It is stagnant at the top half of the seniority list, but I firmly believe that after all the recalls are filled at the majors, and hiring begins at that level that people can and will finally leave. The flowbacks will probably be out of here by early 2008 or so and that's another 350+ captain seats.

Anyone getting hired won't have to sit around on reserve for the two years I did, and upgrades will come down to probably 3-4 years for a turboprop. While that isn't as quick as a lot of other regionals, there is much more stability and your quality of life due to swaps/drops/trip trades/100% line guarantee etc. is much better here.

Lastly, the EMB135 is a relic from a past agreement and probably hurts the bottom line, but getting rid of them entirely without a replacement is not likely to happen. While we do get e-mails from time to time about keeping our costs low to be competetive, I don't get the feeling that we're just one slip-up from losing our flying to Chautauqua or Trans States. If anything, I've heard that they are the ones on the fence rather than Eagle.

Eagle is turning the corner, and this will be a sweet place to be in a few years... it's all a big cycle and its on the way back up from the very bottom... With AA recalling and attrition being pretty high, they will have to hire alot of guys, which means guys under you so you are not on reserve for very long, not even on the jet. Don't forget Eagle didn't hire between 9/11 and 2004, so once those 9/11 guys upgrade, it will cut the upgrade time by 3 years. That's just on the upgrade time. Overall, I think eagle is a good company. Alot of naysayers here will tell you otherwise, but just like anything else in life, it is what you make of it. Get your stuff in now and reap the benefits later. I love the kool aid!!

What are you talking about i was hired there in 04 and quit 6 months later.

Latest resources

Back