• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Eagle: The real deal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
HHhmmmm....well, lets see...a CFI who's being paid less than $12/hr, logs about 30-60 hours a month on a 152/172/pa28, etc., with no benefits...and up pops a job flying a twin-turbine/jet Part 121 gig that pays $25k with solid benefits...sounds like you didn't pay attention to those details.

I think $25K/yr is pretty good for someone who wants to work 100 hours or less per month. Lets say you work another 60 hours or so in other non-flying job making $10/hr, and here you go...now you're making $32,200/year. Not bad at all!

Spoken like someone who has never been on a 16 hour duty day or JM'd.

I've never heard anyone who has been in the 121 industry for one year speak like you do.

HHhmmmm....well, lets see...a CFI who's being paid less than $12/hr, logs about 30-60 hours a month on a 152/172/pa28, etc., with no benefits...and up pops a job flying a twin-turbine/jet Part 121 gig that pays $25k with solid benefits...sounds like you didn't pay attention to those details.

I think $25K/yr is pretty good for someone who wants to work 100 hours or less per month. Lets say you work another 60 hours or so in other non-flying job making $10/hr, and here you go...now you're making $32,200/year. Not bad at all!
wow, you have no idea. A 100 hour a month paying job means that you put in about 220 hours a month minimum, just wait to see what it is like.

I just saved $100 a year on my auto insurance.

Regional pilots are way underpaid. You are responsible for 50 lives (give or take depending on a/c) every time you fly. It is a highly specialized occupation that requires extensive training. You are also forced to retire at age 60 which lessens the amount of income you can earn over your lifetime, therefore you should make more. IMO, all regionals should start at a minimum of $30,000...none of thise $18,000 bullsh!t. But we can thank our fellow 'brothers' that are willing to wh0re themselves out for sh!t pay.

At least double the amount of time you actually work over what the paid time is. Do you think you're working when you pre-flight the airplane? Well, you aren't getting paid for that at the airlines. I wouldn't call the benefits offered at the regionals so solid either. As one poster pointed out, you shouldn't have to work a part-time job on the side just to make your bills. 32k is crap pay too. We're days away from 2007 for god's sake.

Mr. I.

Not bad at all? I almost puked when I read this. Thank you, and those like you for keeping this industry in the dumper.

Latest resources

Back